Copywriting your work

Weekend Noobs

If the week gets you down then join us and unwind
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi,

just wanted to ask a quick question. How does copywriting something work? Would you have to pay every month to keep it copywrited or is it a one off fee? How would you go about copywriting something?

I'm just planning for the future, due to my current project, if its successful, I may want to look into copywriting it to keep it safe.

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You already automaticaly own copyright of anything you create.
If you want to register trademarks and such, there's companies that do just that.

Weekend Noobs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My main worry is because I am having to write it all out pretty much in book form to begin with and then create it into video format. I worry someone may steal the idea or my story and claim its actually theirs and im then forced to take it off of youtube due to copywrite. At the moment im not worried as im not popular and still finding my feet haha!
But no harm in being careful for the future!

Technomania

its over 9000!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
as a writer i know what i can do and such, first make sure you have a original copy of the story/poem with dates. next upload it to a site with a place that shows the date of upload (hiding it is o.k) that will protected even better since now you have an official date of release. lastly add © with year and your name/company with whatever rights you want it to be, example:

©2015 firecat&bigattck LLC, All Rights Reserved
this tells people that you do not want to give up rights and if someone does steal your story it can be easy taken down. however similar stories such as, lets say (star wars) can be easy copy with another story (star people wars: the earth star people) has you can see its similar but different story. ideas cant be protected and there is no law protecting ideas, so always keep ideas hidden until you want to show it to the world.

Reactions: Weekend Noobs

Weekend Noobs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
thats cool. I dont mind if they are inspired by the idea and do something similar but full on plagerism is something I wish to avoid, so thats cool. thanks for letting me know. I shall bear that in mind in the future.:crown:[DOUBLEPOST=1422650414,1422649510][/DOUBLEPOST]how do I type the 'c' symbol? just so I know

Weekend Noobs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
haha fair enough

unknown_user63535

I've Got It
Reaction score
Every time you publish your work, one copy of it gets sent to the library of congress. Every book is in there. I think it can be used as evidence.