Copyrights in games

FuriousBabo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It depends on the game. World of Warcraft and Overwatch (both by Blizzard) both allow gameplay videos with sound on, BUT their cinematic videos are off limits because a separate entity creates those cinematic videos...

If you're unsure, ask the game devs/support or see if they have a copyright statement online.
Ok! Thanks buddie!

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
lol for how long are you making youtube? cuz i've 79 and i'm not moving from this -.- it happened on party hard and happens in almost every life is strange video i make...
I don't know about life is strange but I am guessing for party hard is the music since I guess it is copyrighted by someone else. Also I been making videos since 2013 and still have stayed in the same place barely gaining $2 a month lol lately I am doing it just to do it and uploading whenever cause I already gave up on reaching somewhere when I been doing it for 4 years now and people don't watch it either way XD

FuriousBabo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't know about life is strange but I am guessing for party hard is the music since I guess it is copyrighted by someone else. Also I been making videos since 2013 and still have stayed in the same place barely gaining $2 a month lol lately I am doing it just to do it and uploading whenever cause I already gave up on reaching somewhere when I been doing it for 4 years now and people don't watch it either way XD
Yeah, I guess it's that...
4 years? that's a long time! but don't give up, you have to keep believing in yourself! :D i'm sure one day you'll do it :) at least you have more than me xD

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I had the same issue with copyrighted music in video games such as some cutscenes in "The Last of Us." Great game but I can't have the video up with the cutscene when the music is playing in the background? It sucks but we don't have the rights to the song unlike the game company that has a license for it. The only solution I find to that is to cut the audio completely during those scenes, play royalty free music and have subtitles on. But you have to have your audio track recorded separately from the game audio track otherwise it won't work.

Whenever I record gameplay-like videos for my channel I cut out all cutscenes to avoid the copyright claims. I figure if people are going to watch it's going to be for our commentary or how we play the game. Not for the story and/or playthrough/walkthrough of said game. Plus it's a lot easier to battle a "content ID claim" if I don't have any of the cinematics in there.