Copyrighting videogames / music

The25Shady

Reaction score
I'm starting to get really confused with this copyright thing, what you are able to upload and what not to so I just thought I'd point out a few questions I had in mind.
And I am of course referring to YouTube Partnership.

Lets say I upload a video of me playing Call of Duty MW2 or Diablo 3, not that I'm videotaping myself with a cellphone as I'm playing but recording in-game while I'm playing, does this count as copyright?
Same with if I was to do a cover song of one of Eminems tracks, I'm singing the lyrics and the instrumental beat is in the backround?
If I mention one or another celebrity and maybe have a picture on them in my videos?
Or maybe I decide to make a fan video of a TV Show, does all this count as copyright, exactly everything?

Thanks

// Random confused guy..

jamsterkid

My name is James, and i am 50% of PopcornGamers
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
if you are with a gaming net work then ur fine. the gaming network get permission to use the games

Christopher

16Davies
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If your with a gaming network then it's fine to monetize game videos, other than that your not allowed,
As for cover songs, I don't think your allowed to monetize those at all unless you have the copyright holders permission.
Fan videos, you also can't monetize, because your just using footage from the tv show, which is copyrighted, no matter how you edit it together, I don't think you can actually upload these without getting into some trouble with copyright. I'm assuming by fan video you mean like those tribute videos you see on youtube, and not those people that do vlogs discussing the plot of each episode in a vlog like video. The latter is fine, seeing it is just essentially a vlog.
Hope this helps.

Michael Guinn

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's sort of what I'm figuring out, you have to be apart of a gaming network before you can monetize because the games are copyright.. you can still upload the videos just not make money off of it. The gaming networks get permissions from the gaming companies to use the videos. It goes something like, youtube gets their cut of the money and so does the gaming companies and then you get your share. If you want to contact all the gaming companies to get permissions you could, but otherwise don't Monetize until you become part of a gaming network.. ALSO... Fair Use is a copyright act that is kind of exceptions to copyright. It is used a lot on youtube being that it's ok to use copyright material if you are commentating or reviewing or criticizing it. It is a very vague and confusing act but it helps get away with certain things.. Still main things.. DON'T MONETIZE UNLESS YOU ARE A PART OF A GAMING NETWORK.