Copyrighted music appeared after 2 years video got nearly 1 million views, cant remove music

gogetasuperx

Reaction score
Contacted youtube support, got response from a bot, is there anything i can do about this or just delete it, i made it unlisted until i solve this music problem or delete video, usually there is option to remove song, but on this video its not the case, if anyone experienced something like this and has solution id like to try it out, if its not a part of some scam network, how could it appear after 2 years, just insane

video: /watch?v=sxCBUN5ySyo

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
What does it being 2 years later have to do with anything? There is no time limit. Heck, they could drop the claim tomorrow and put it back on next week.

If it's their music (something you haven't denied), then be grateful you were able to steal from them for that time and nearly 1 million views.

Considering it's not a copyright strike and only a 3rd party claim, I fail to see what the problem is. It's their music, they deserve to be paid for it.

That all said, I find it hilarious that you're willing to delete the video and start over from scratch just to avoid paying what they're due... especially when it's clearly your most popular video and likely brings traffic to the rest of your channel. But, that's your call- just realize that the same video re-uploaded with different music will (most likely) be viewed far, far less than the one that's currently up there- even with identical tags, description, and the like. At nearly 1 million views, it's earned it's spot in the algorithms and it pushed appropriately by YouTube. A new video would have to start that from scratch... and would be buried in the rankings until / if it ever catches up.

gogetasuperx

Reaction score
What does it being 2 years later have to do with anything? There is no time limit. Heck, they could drop the claim tomorrow and put it back on next week.

If it's their music (something you haven't denied), then be grateful you were able to steal from them for that time and nearly 1 million views.

Considering it's not a copyright strike and only a 3rd party claim, I fail to see what the problem is. It's their music, they deserve to be paid for it.

That all said, I find it hilarious that you're willing to delete the video and start over from scratch just to avoid paying what they're due... especially when it's clearly your most popular video and likely brings traffic to the rest of your channel. But, that's your call- just realize that the same video re-uploaded with different music will (most likely) be viewed far, far less than the one that's currently up there- even with identical tags, description, and the like. At nearly 1 million views, it's earned it's spot in the algorithms and it pushed appropriately by YouTube. A new video would have to start that from scratch... and would be buried in the rankings until / if it ever catches up.
if there was copyright right away when i uploaded it id just remove the video, simple, other copyrighted music had option to be removed and video still remains, not the case here, and its a game i did not take or use music from anyone its ingame music, so i dont owe anything to anyone and even if i did, i cant and im not paying it now after 2 years without any notice

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
It's not up to the copyright holder to track and find any violations. It's up to the uploader to make sure that they have the proper rights needed for everything that they upload... with the understanding that, if they don't, the owner may come after them at any time.

Now, I have no clue if this is a legit claim or not, but in game music is often licensed from another
source and not from the game creators... and, in doing so, the game company can't say if it's allowed or not. Again, research is needed before uploading a video.

Reactions: JRuncie