copyrighted content

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
I received "includes copyrighted content" claim on a movie trailer reaction video we made. We properly cited our source and have no intention to monetize the video. The claimant is allowing their content to be used but may run ads on it.

We make family content. The claimant is Disney Enterprises Inc.

Question: If we keep the video public and the claimant runs ads, is our account ok? We are under 1,000 subscribers and under the new rules, not eligible for monetization. I think is ok and we are wondering if YT running ads may even help promote the video?

Under the copyright tab..it's reads this:

Ads might appear on your video.

Copyrighted content was found in your video.

The claimant is allowing their content to be used in your YouTube video. However, ads might appear on it.

VIEWING RESTRICTIONS
  • None
MONETIZATION
  • Monetized by claimant

Last edited:

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You're fine and your account is still in good standing, monetization by claimant just means the copyright holder gets 100% of the monetization revenue and you don't. Nothing else happens in terms of visibility.

Reactions: Emerrias

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Yeah that's just a claim, they will get the money the video makes but your account is in good standard :) I play Nintendo games so most of the times I get claims from them but I really don't care about is since I started doing youtube for fun now lol

Emerrias

Reaction score
You're fine and your account is still in good standing, monetization by claimant just means the copyright holder gets 100% of the monetization revenue and you don't. Nothing else happens in terms of visibility.
I was wondering this too, thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I assume it was a Disney movie trailer? Disney is one of those companies that is quick to claim something. That's kinda why I don't like making trailer reaction videos... or at least not with the actual trailer in it.

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
I assume it was a Disney movie trailer? Disney is one of those companies that is quick to claim something. That's kinda why I don't like making trailer reaction videos... or at least not with the actual trailer in it.
Yes it's Disney movie trailer Coco so I'm not surprised how fast it was claimed. Not many are doing these types of videos in our space. So it's a challenge. As long as we don't intend to monetize, it seems to be ok.

Emerrias

Reaction score
Yes it's Disney movie trailer Coco so I'm not surprised how fast it was claimed. Not many are doing these types of videos in our space. So it's a challenge. As long as we don't intend to monetize, it seems to be ok.
I am just thinking that if you grow bigger and keep making this kind of content, making a living will be tough! Hmmm [emoji51]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk