Copyright

John The Dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I’m not sure if this is the best place to post this but I’ve seen a few people saying that they have had trouble with YT when they review a movie and show a clip.
Under international copyright law you can show up to 30 seconds of copyrighted footage as long as you do not change it in anyway shape or form, you do not make out that it is your own work or portray the footage in a derogatory way.
I hope this helps

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just read this about it: http://studentpressblogs.org/nspa/?p=283

He's meant to be a USA lawyer too and claims there is no 30 seconds, 10 seconds or however many seconds rule. Do you have any info on it where say someone official says what is what on the situation? :)

Reactions: TheKeebzyShow

GamerKeebzy

A Wild Keebzy Appears!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
yea, i've heard a lot of people saying that fair use law is so convoluted and vague that really, there is no way to fairly use copyrighted materials.

John The Dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
When a studio or TV company make a film or program they will make a set of adverts. A 10 second, 15 second and 30 second advertising showing parts of the film. They allow free use under the millennium copyright act.
If you google creativeskillset and look for article_5097_1 it explains a bit more about it.
Remember that the studios allow their adverts to be used for free to for review under the millennium copyright act. As long as you don’t change, make out it’s your work or portray it in a derogatory way.
The same goes for music. Some studios allow you to down load clips from their site for review in broadcast.[DOUBLEPOST=1345215629,1345214244][/DOUBLEPOST]Last year I made a tutorial on copyright so here it is.

Reactions: Michael

Hardisk

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
If you live in the US you're covered by the Fair Use law, counter-claim every copyright claim with this argument.