Copyright Warning to all Gaming Channels.

SteamingFloaters

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I was talking to my friend who used to have a large youtube channel. I am sending this out as a warning to stop this from happening to other users. His account got banned from not having the copyright logo ( © ) after each time he referenced the video games name in the description. So now I am posting the Icon for you and I have spammed my page with it. So fingers crossed that I don't get into trouble for the same reason.

RedCrossRising

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I was talking to my friend who used to have a large youtube channel. I am sending this out as a warning to stop this from happening to other users. His account got banned from not having the copyright logo ( © ) after each time he referenced the video games name in the description. So now I am posting the Icon for you and I have spammed my page with it. So fingers crossed that I don't get into trouble for the same reason.
That's really weird...I've never heard anything about this before. :eek: Now my life is over. I'm done. NOOOO!!!

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Do you or him have a source for this? This seems very weird, and to me sounds very untrue since it all depends on the game developer.

His channel might of gotten banned for playing copyrighted games or using other copyrights material.

Reactions: Switchbox

Brotastical

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hmm, it could've been for many other reasons also though
But it is possible, I will study and read up on that

in the meantime

BE CAREFUL

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
There is less than zero chance that this has occurred. The copyright symbol is for use by the creator of something copyrightable to indicate that they have indeed filed the proper paperwork to do so. It is a public flag from them to others. There is no requirement for down the line users of that content to perpetuate the symbol and in fact, those users down the line have no right to include the symbol because they do not hold the copyright on that content.

He/She/It may well have gotten banned for breaching copyright, but it had nothing to do with a missing copyright symbol.

My brain hurts now... Utterly ridiculous. Can we please lock this so no further confusion is caused?

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
^All that needs to be said really.

SteamingFloaters

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well I am not taking any chances. His channel has now been completely removed. Personally I am not taking any chances. I have studied Copyright for Television, however I accredit all of the original authors. It's more to do with YouTube's rules than the actual copyright law. Which is a pain because he was really good. He and his co presenter spent hours looking through footage to check and couldn't find anything else. However they are planning to start a new Channel and he is going to appear on my channel (however I will be managing the media side of things.)[DOUBLEPOST=1400624319,1400624250][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyway you can never be to careful. Publishers and Developers will find a way through the loop holes.

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well I am not taking any chances. His channel has now been completely removed. Personally I am not taking any chances. I have studied Copyright for Television, however I accredit all of the original authors. It's more to do with YouTube's rules than the actual copyright law. Which is a pain because he was really good. He and his co presenter spent hours looking through footage to check and couldn't find anything else. However they are planning to start a new Channel and he is going to appear on my channel (however I will be managing the media side of things.)[DOUBLEPOST=1400624319,1400624250][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyway you can never be to careful. Publishers and Developers will find a way through the loop holes.
Loop holes to what? They have the right to take down material that infringes their rights, per US law.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Do you or him have a source for this? This seems very weird, and to me sounds very untrue since it all depends on the game developer.

His channel might of gotten banned for playing copyrighted games or using other copyrights material.
rofl to copyrighted game. they're ALL copyrighted games.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
There certain games that aren't allow to monetize. You should check around which games are allow to monetize. Example Left 4 Dead their creator allow montize. Final Fantasy 14 Realm Reborn, is monetize available. So it just need to be study thats all. Also be careful with the music.