Copyright Strike Questions

unknown_user7464758

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

So I got a copyright strike on October 1st, 2012. It was stupid, I uploaded a scene from a movie then after I received the strike I delete the video from my Copyright Notices.

So YouTube states that they may remove your strike after 6 months if you don't get anymore strikes and you complete copyright school. Now I completed copyright school about 2 months after the actual strike. If YouTube were to remove the strike 6 months after I got it then they would already be late as they should have removed it on the 1st of April, 2013. Do you guys think it's possible that because I didn't complete copyright school when I got the strike then they are taking the 6 months from the day I completed copyright school? or do you think my strike is just not getting removed at all and therefor I'm going to have to make a new channel?

I'd also like to know if you guys have had any experiences with copyright strikes.

I had a copyright strike on my old channel when I used one of Katy Perry's songs in my videos. That was when I knew hardly anything about youtube and I have learned from that mistake :)