Copyright strike over minecraft????

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Ok, now that I got home from work, I got more information. The song in question is 'C418-Haggstrom' and apparantly Indmusic is claiming ownership to it. I searched there channel and there is no such song anywhere. I hope this info is useful.[DOUBLEPOST=1386646281,1386646007][/DOUBLEPOST]Are these the 'terms of service'?

Within reason you‘re free to do whatever you want with screenshots and videos of the Game. By “within reason” we mean that you can‘t make any commercial use of them or do things that are unfair or adversely affect our rights. If you upload videos of the game to video sharing and streaming sites you are however allowed to put ads on them. Also, don‘t just rip art resources and pass them around, that‘s no fun.

Essentially the simple rule is do not make commercial use of anything we‘ve made unless specifically agreed by us, either in our brand and asset usage guidelines or under this EULA. Oh and if the law expressly allows it, such as under a “fair use” or fair dealing” doctrine then that‘s ok too – but only to the extent that the law says so.

should I just show this part of show them all of it. also the 'commercial use' thing... doesn't that go against the 'we're free to monetize LPs if we want' thing everyone keeps saying about the game?[DOUBLEPOST=1386646369][/DOUBLEPOST]also... which one of these do I choose?
I believe this copyright claim is not valid because:
I own the CD / DVD or bought the song online.

I'm not selling the video or making any money from it.

I gave credit in the video.

The video is my original content and I own all of the rights to it.

I have a license or written permission from the proper rights holder to use this material.

My use of the content meets the legal requirements for fair use or fair dealing under applicable copyright laws.

The content is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.

Continue

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok, now that I got home from work, I got more information. The song in question is 'C418-Haggstrom' and apparantly Indmusic is claiming ownership to it. I searched there channel and there is no such song anywhere. I hope this info is useful.[DOUBLEPOST=1386646281,1386646007][/DOUBLEPOST]Are these the 'terms of service'?

Within reason you‘re free to do whatever you want with screenshots and videos of the Game. By “within reason” we mean that you can‘t make any commercial use of them or do things that are unfair or adversely affect our rights. If you upload videos of the game to video sharing and streaming sites you are however allowed to put ads on them. Also, don‘t just rip art resources and pass them around, that‘s no fun.

Essentially the simple rule is do not make commercial use of anything we‘ve made unless specifically agreed by us, either in our brand and asset usage guidelines or under this EULA. Oh and if the law expressly allows it, such as under a “fair use” or fair dealing” doctrine then that‘s ok too – but only to the extent that the law says so.

should I just show this part of show them all of it. also the 'commercial use' thing... doesn't that go against the 'we're free to monetize LPs if we want' thing everyone keeps saying about the game?[DOUBLEPOST=1386646369][/DOUBLEPOST]also... which one of these do I choose?

I have a license or written permission from the proper rights holder to use this material.

My use of the content meets the legal requirements for fair use or fair dealing under applicable copyright laws.

The content is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.

Continue

Continue
"C418 is an independent musician" his bandcamp page says, sounds like he is using Indmusic to monetize his creative works (his songs). I probably wouldn't dispute it unless he gives up his exclusive rights to Minecraft if his songs are being played in their game.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
"C418 is an independent musician" his bandcamp page says, sounds like he is using Indmusic to monetize his creative works (his songs). I probably wouldn't dispute it unless he gives up his exclusive rights to Minecraft if his songs are being played in their game.
wait.... say what???? oh hell no. what about all the other ka-zillion people that have minecraft videos showing that exact same part of the game with that song playing???? This is ridiculous. How can anyone ever have Mincecraft Lps with this dumbass ruining it for everyone???

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
what about all the other ka-zillion people that have minecraft videos showing that exact same part of the game with that song playing????
I can't imagine his song is in every map every second is it? :confused: There's not much to say but he's doing what he is perfectly within his right to do.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
so what should we do? re-doing the video kills all the initial reactions, a second time would feel like acting... has anyone else ever faced this before? And also, doesn't he have tons of songs in the game? Should we mute the music and keep the game sound effects only? Do most people making the minecraft vids also play the game without in-game music?[DOUBLEPOST=1386651133,1386648893][/DOUBLEPOST]I guess the quickest way to get rid of the copyright claim is to just flat out delete the video right?[DOUBLEPOST=1386651714][/DOUBLEPOST]whoo-hoo! Just found out how to remove the matched copyright content without having to delete or re-do the entire video! The claim is gone, and we won't be bugging C418! Thanks for the support guys![DOUBLEPOST=1386653349][/DOUBLEPOST]ok.. so we removed the song.. the claim is gone... but the music is still in the vid? I guess we'll wait and see what happens? Maybe they just removed whatever it is that made YT track it in the first place?

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
so what should we do? re-doing the video kills all the initial reactions, a second time would feel like acting... has anyone else ever faced this before? And also, doesn't he have tons of songs in the game? Should we mute the music and keep the game sound effects only? Do most people making the minecraft vids also play the game without in-game music?[DOUBLEPOST=1386651133,1386648893][/DOUBLEPOST]I guess the quickest way to get rid of the copyright claim is to just flat out delete the video right?[DOUBLEPOST=1386651714][/DOUBLEPOST]whoo-hoo! Just found out how to remove the matched copyright content without having to delete or re-do the entire video! The claim is gone, and we won't be bugging C418! Thanks for the support guys![DOUBLEPOST=1386653349][/DOUBLEPOST]ok.. so we removed the song.. the claim is gone... but the music is still in the vid? I guess we'll wait and see what happens? Maybe they just removed whatever it is that made YT track it in the first place?
What method did you use to get rid of the Content ID claim?

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
What method did you use to get rid of the Content ID claim?
Basically you go to your video manager and click on copyright notices on the left hand side. it takes you right to the video in question (and I assume others, if there were others). You choose the offending thing, in this case audio. The next screen mentions the content id claim and singles out the song, in this case that C147 song, and it has the option to 'remove the song'.

The editing took a while and hey, now the claim is gone. but its' weird since the song is still there... but when we check the video manager it does say the song has still been removed.

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Basically you go to your video manager and click on copyright notices on the left hand side. it takes you right to the video in question (and I assume others, if there were others). You choose the offending thing, in this case audio. The next screen mentions the content id claim and singles out the song, in this case that C147 song, and it has the option to 'remove the song'.

The editing took a while and hey, now the claim is gone. but its' weird since the song is still there... but when we check the video manager it does say the song has still been removed.
Oh right, I forget about that.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I hope that resolves the issue. I wish I heard of that option sooner. So many of my older videos had to taken down, redone and re-editted due to the claims. If I only knew I had the option to remove the song without having to take down the whole video.

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I hope that resolves the issue. I wish I heard of that option sooner. So many of my older videos had to taken down, redone and re-editted due to the claims. If I only knew I had the option to remove the song without having to take down the whole video.
It's fairly new that editing option, so you needn't have regrets about removing them :)