Copyright & Streaming

Robin MGP

Reaction score
So, me being stupid I streamed the Apple September event to my channel. I thought it would be fair use if I was commentating my thoughts over it, recording the screen with a camera (and putting things in front of it other than the screen every now and then) and turning the volume down over music, as opposed to just straight up streaming the event.
But apparently it's not, and I got a 90-day ban from streaming. I deleted the stream archive and don't intend to do this stuff again, now that I know streaming my perspective on the event isn't allowed either.
There's only one problem though, this happened September 12th and I've got a very, very big event stream marathon thing (/watch?v=8P7BfXMXfEM) on November 3rd that I absolutely cannot not stream, but that's less than 90 days away... I have no clue what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There's nothing you can do. I guess you could go over and stream on Twitch, but suspended is suspended and they're not going to lift it because you have something you want to do.

Robin MGP

Reaction score
Yeah, I sorta expected that. I've had bad, bad past experiences with Twitch (getting my account hacked and having the hackers stream p**n), but what choice do I even have now?
Twitch it is then.
Thanks

Eric Parker

Reaction score
So, me being stupid I streamed the Apple September event to my channel. I thought it would be fair use if I was commentating my thoughts over it, recording the screen with a camera (and putting things in front of it other than the screen every now and then) and turning the volume down over music, as opposed to just straight up streaming the event.
But apparently it's not, and I got a 90-day ban from streaming. I deleted the stream archive and don't intend to do this stuff again, now that I know streaming my perspective on the event isn't allowed either.
There's only one problem though, this happened September 12th and I've got a very, very big event stream marathon thing (/watch?v=8P7BfXMXfEM) on November 3rd that I absolutely cannot not stream, but that's less than 90 days away... I have no clue what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Ask Apple to remove the strike, that's the only way to get it removed. It actually may of been fair use, but it wouldn't matter if you deleted the video because you cannot file a counter notification (if you streamed the whole thing, that wouldn't be, the proper way to do this is either not to show the video or audio, or to do a video after about it, or get it cleared with Apple). They may accept your apology, otherwise wait the 90 days, YouTube is not able to remove your restriction for legal reasons.