Copyright rules

Charlie Scott

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Hey guys

Was hoping if anyone could help out with the copyright rules on YT. Stuff like what music to put on videos, what photos to use for backgrounds, thumbnails etc. Also what content is allowed. I reckon this thread could be pretty useful to new YouTubers! :)

unknown_user54763965546

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
As far i know, you must not upload live music, commercial footage, screen capture or software, some of game. You must have your original content including picture, background or music. Or if you want use from another source, you must have permission or free license/free royalty. More info you can check in YT Content or Google.

Reactions: jak6jak

uncodedtrk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As far as I know, refering to music..♬♬.. You could use music from artists who specifically give permission in their channels, you could also ask for permission directly to the artist you like, but you have to make sure you credit them in your video description. Another option is to use non copyrighted music, is more or less the same but you don't even need to specify the source. You could find interesting directories of non copyrighted music on google.
Btw my YT channel is about free and uncopyrighted music. You coud check it to see what I mean.
Hope that helps;)