Copyright Rules

Gethonic

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi guys, wondering if you can help me out. I'm looking to create some art for my YouTube banner and am wondering what I am allowed to use.

I was thinking of getting some images of operators from rainbow six siege and compiling them on the banner, this would be from the siege wiki page. Is this allowed?

If not, what if I used screenshots from videos I do of the game? Otherwise, do you have any better suggestions for me?

Lastly, just wanted to check of these rules are the same with regards to twitch, Facebook, twitter, etc? Or is it more or less strict?

Thanks!

terror569

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think you can use whatever you want :) only thing I wouldn't do is copy others banners and or expose nudity :)[DOUBLEPOST=1478518972,1478518644][/DOUBLEPOST]wouldn't I wanted to say woudn't :D

Last edited:

Odralix

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Copyright laws are a bit poorly defined. Basically it is illegal to use pictures of a game that you have no right to for commercial use. However there are laws in place that allow pretty much anything that can be classed as a parody using copyrighted material. In the end most copyright holders don't really care what's in your banner. Plus the companies owning the games basically can't find it because youtube is so massive and there's no algorithm to find photoshoped pictures that I know of.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I think banners shouldn't strike you any copyright. But it is good to create a banner yourself with the combination of multiple images. It should be fine as long as the whole image is not copied.

Reactions: Odralix

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I've moved your thread to the copyright forum.