Copyright Question

PorcelainPeter

Check my Youtube channel!
I wasn't sure where to post this so feel free to move it.

I was wondering about certain copyright laws when it comes to Youtube.

For instance does anyone know if simply saying a company/brand/celebrities name (in a non-defacing way) counts as breaking copyright. For instance if in a video I was to literally say "I went to Tesco earlier to buy Only Fools And Horses on DVD) would that be considered copyright thus not be able to be monetised? It's confusing me a little tbh!

Thanks!

no you saying it is not against copyright lol however youtube is skitish due to legal issues. I saw another video someone had monetization disabled but I have no sound now so I am not sure exactly why. In any event its possible they pulled him up because of his links and keywords and he was not singing but I can't tell right now.

Just watch your keywords and what you link to. I think this is an issue now. Its not a violation of copyright to talk about some stuff you bought or saw or whatever.

Yeah I understand that. I suppose it's just in the context. It's just I have so many videos that mention a name briefly that I worry I am breaking one of there many terms lol
Cheers for the reply.

sorry yeah i lengthened the reply my drive scanner is fixing my drive so part got left out. Anyhow np :)

I wasn't sure where to post this so feel free to move it.

I was wondering about certain copyright laws when it comes to Youtube.

For instance does anyone know if simply saying a company/brand/celebrities name (in a non-defacing way) counts as breaking copyright. For instance if in a video I was to literally say "I went to Tesco earlier to buy Only Fools And Horses on DVD) would that be considered copyright thus not be able to be monetised? It's confusing me a little tbh!

Thanks!

Excellent question to ask! Words, names and movie titles, cannot be copyrighted. But, what is copyrighted, is anything with a company logo on it. Including, T-shirts, caps, signs and posters.

Back