Copyright owner changed their mind

Uraflight

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The owner of the video approach another youtube user and kindly ask to remove the video which was uploaded by them illegally without permission. Then the illegal uploader ask for permission to use the video on his or her channel. The copyright owner agreed with that only if illegal uploader will put the link in the description to the original content. Then after few months the second illegal video gets more then 3,5 million views( The video was monetized and made good money) Then the owner of the original video reported this video to be removed. The second youtube user got a strike and asked the owner to retract the strike .Is the owner of the original content is right? Can they change their mind and proceed with the copyright claim? Is there any chance to dispute this copyright claim and strike from the owner of the video.

PS All conversations with the copyright owner were via email and saved in the email box

NuSpirit

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If they gave you permission without any time limit discussion (until permission is) and any "we can change our minds at any time" stuff in emails, I think you should be OK (but Im not lawyer, just random guy on the internet, dont take my words as absolute truth).

They can change their minds about it, but they cant screw you over without any prior notification about changing deal if they gave you permission once.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't upload anyone elses content... EVER. And you won't get into situations like this is my advice. It is only natural for an original content creator to get salty when a "stolen" video does better on another channel.