Copyright of a song which is mine

CeskyJenda

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

my friend he has his own band and he is a writer of his songs. Basically he is doing everything... They have contract only with Scarlet Records.

He decided a while ago to put some of his songs on YouTube but he got claimed with third party content:
The Orchard Music
Koch Entertainment

But he never heard of them.
He dispute that those songs are his, he is part of that band and that he is a writer and YouTube declined and he is not able to monetize them...

What should he do in this case?
For me it's just ridiculous, because if he is writer and member of that band - Without any agent - He should be able monetize them.

Thank you for your answers! :p

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Did he use any third party content like e.g. garage band loops?

CeskyJenda

Reaction score
He did.

The Orchard Music - Dispute rejected; claim has been reinstaled.
Koch Entertainment - Dispute rejected; claim has been reinstaled.

He filled an appeal and still rejected.

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
He should try to contact them directly and if this does not work out contact an attorney. Did he actually check if the claimed songs sound similar?

CeskyJenda

Reaction score
My friend sent me this "similar to what song? they actually claim that this particular song is their propriety, as fas as I understand the issue"

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Usually the claim should contain the name of the song they claim and the performing artist.

CeskyJenda

Reaction score
Well only thing what he have there is "Your video may include music that is owned by a third party." and nothing else. And video starts on 0:00...

He has a theory, that those claims are because they probably distribute in USA and thats why they claim it... But he is owner, so he can do practicaly anything - He haven't signed anything with them.

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If he didn't take parts of the melody from other music pieces then these claims are invalid.