Copyright Music query

Michael Beckett

Friendly, mostly harmless...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist, Animator, Other
I want to use the 'theme from the Third Man' by Anton Karas with it's quirky zither music however it is still in copyright, before I go live with the video can I have some guidance if I can use brief exerts on the intro and outro of my video?

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
Moved this to the copyright section :)

Michael Beckett

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist, Animator, Other
Thank you BrodieLawrence, for moving this to the correct section, my apologies for getting it wrong on this occasion...

Reactions: Brodie

XiaoK

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
not encouraging you in using copyrighted content for your video, its really risky, maybe once you go live there is no trouble at all, but in long term, its unpredictable.

Michael Beckett

Reaction score
Channel Type
So if I link to where you can buy the music and credit the music, it might still be taken down...

XiaoK

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
absolutely, unless you got written permission from the actual music company, but that may cause you some licensing fees