Copyright issues.

BigBadPotato

Reaction score
So, On my third video Youtube claimed copyright issue on two songs I've upload.
What can I do? Can it be fixed through my channel without taking it off?
Can I change the pitch of the song so it'll stay?

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
You only have a few options:
1) If you own the copyright/have permission to use the songs, dispute the claim and provide your evidence
2) Do nothing and let the copyright owner monetize the video (or do whatever they choose)
3) Delete the video

BigBadPotato

Reaction score
1) If you own the copyright/have permission to use the songs, dispute the claim and provide your evidence
2) Do nothing and let the copyright owner monetize the video (or do whatever they choose)
3) Delete the video
I believe option 2 is the best for me. but, how much time it can take?
These songs are on youtube for other memes so that's why I thought it was okay.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
3) Delete the video
There are more options:
4) Audioswap the music - youtube/answer/94316?hl=en
5) Re-edit the video and reupload it with the claimed part altered/removed.
6) Acquire license for the music.
7) Negotiate off YouTube the claimant to release the claim.
8) Upload your video to other video sharing site.

Reactions: The NotARubicon!

BigBadPotato

Reaction score
There are more options:
4) Audioswap the music - youtube/answer/94316?hl=en
5) Re-edit the video and reupload it with the claimed part altered/removed.
6) Acquire license for the music.
7) Negotiate off YouTube the claimant to release the claim.
8) Upload your video to other video sharing site.

If I'll change the music a little, like giving it a high pitch or something, that is what you consider "Altered"?
And how can I acquire license or negotiate about it?

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I'll change the music a little, like giving it a high pitch or something, that is what you consider "Altered"?
And how can I acquire license or negotiate about it?
Altered means fully changing/removing the music if you don't have the rights for it in the first place. If it is coincident match, you just dispute it. Changing the pitch or something to trick the ContentID system is like asking for trouble. If a human notices the similarity they will issue direct DMCA that will result in a strike for your channel and some features removed. I had once been DMCAd for all the wrong reasons (that was retracted later), but it was not good feeling having my channel limited.
Acquiring license means contacting the copyright holders/managers and buying/negotiating a deal about the music. This is expensive for popular songs. For not so popular a license starts from 1000 USD. For really cheap songs you can get them at 2.99 USD or even 1 USD from the royalty free sites like AudioJungle.

BigBadPotato

Reaction score
Altered means fully changing/removing the music if you don't have the rights for it in the first place. If it is coincident match, you just dispute it. Changing the pitch or something to trick the ContentID system is like asking for trouble. If a human notices the similarity they will issue direct DMCA that will result in a strike for your channel and some features removed. I had once been DMCAd for all the wrong reasons (that was retracted later), but it was not good feeling having my channel limited.
Acquiring license means contacting the copyright holders/managers and buying/negotiating a deal about the music. This is expensive for popular songs. For not so popular a license starts from 1000 USD. For really cheap songs you can get them at 2.99 USD or even 1 USD from the royalty free sites like AudioJungle.
God.. that's a pain in the a**.
and if I'll wait for the copywrite owner to do something? it's a good move?

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If it's only a copyright claim, then there's no need to worry. You probably aren't getting enough views to be worried about loss of income? A copyright claim just means the owner of the music gets any revenue gained from the vid.

BigBadPotato

Reaction score
If it's only a copyright claim, then there's no need to worry. You probably aren't getting enough views to be worried about loss of income? A copyright claim just means the owner of the music gets any revenue gained from the vid.
I know, but, to be honest- it means that you can't watch it from your mobile. and most of the people nowdays do anything through their phones.
I know I don't have to worry that much. but I do. haha. becuase my goal is to have SOMEONE to watch it.

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Re edit it with a new song you can use without problems