GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Coucou!

Well... GG lol I think I already the answer to my question but welp... let's still try it!

I just found out someone decided to reupload some of my videos in a very bad quality and adding his own commentary. He's using the same Name but instead of GameVestment he's using Game Vestment and he is using my logo on his channel...

1- Is the Copyright Infringement Notification worth to fill out and send? I'm pretty sure it will not help at all
2- I tried joining YouTube Content ID but I don't think my channel can enter that (gaming channel)
3. Do I have any other option besides contacting the person, which I'm still gonna try to do and ask nicely please don't do it ?

I'm pretty sure the answer will be... "There's nothing I can do" which kind of sucks and I'll need to get used to these kind of people... RIP

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
hmm. At first I thought well thats an easy one to fix. You just let youtube know your work has been copied and they will take down the video. I have had them take down video that have been stolen from me in the past and it was simple process. But.. if your filming a screen capture of a computer game that you didn't make surely your not the owner of that IP anyway?? There is only the bits of artwork or overlaid graphics that you did that belong you to. The computer game graphics belong to the originator of the work (the game producer).

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
hmm. At first I thought well thats an easy one to fix. You just let youtube know your work has been copied and they will take down the video. I have had them take down video that have been stolen from me in the past and it was simple process. But.. if your filming a screen capture of a computer game that you didn't make surely your not the owner of that IP anyway?? There is only the bits of artwork or overlaid graphics that you did that belong you to. The computer game graphics belong to the originator of the work (the game producer).
yeah you might be right, sounds logical! What if I was using a face cam,,, will that make any difference?
What about the logo? Does it needs to be a copyright logo? Will that be better? or still the game code will determine the outcome?

I mean, the problem is pretty much harmless, but I think is better to learn about all of this before it is too late

Overall, I sent him a message and he changed his name, now he only needs to change the profile picture, I don't think I can ask him to delete his videos according to your logic. It's quite interesting imo,, you can easily upload another person's gameplay and do it your own... I mean it will not "work" if you have a fanbase but still,,, I see copycat channels of famous gamers and they receive super chats while live streaming a recorded gameplay.. OMG, YouTube has way too many loopholes lol

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
you can report his channel art (logo). if its a straight off copy of yours then he cant copy it. Assuming you actual made yours?

Reactions: GameVestment

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the copyright / legal forum. :)