Copyright info needed

Starfox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
1.If I mute a song in a dj mix can a label owner of that song still put a strike on my channel for featuring it? or is it possible to even mute a song like that?

2. If a label owner emailed me telling me i can use their music provided i dont monetise and i abide by those rules and later that same label puts in a strike against me do i have any case or does it need to be an official sort of signed agreement?

Thanks
Shane

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
If the emailed you and you have proof of the email, they cant "strike" you while the agreement stands.

If later on they ask for its remove, you do have to remove it.

Personally "Musical Mixes" are a real tough thing to legally win a battle with though as you dont own any of it...you are gonna need consent for everything.

Reactions: ShaiandTy

Starfox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If the emailed you and you have proof of the email, they cant "strike" you while the agreement stands.

If later on they ask for its remove, you do have to remove it.

Personally "Musical Mixes" are a real tough thing to legally win a battle with though as you dont own any of it...you are gonna need consent for everything.
Your coming out video lol.. be strong, theres a dora in all of us

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
1.If I mute a song in a dj mix can a label owner of that song still put a strike on my channel for featuring it? or is it possible to even mute a song like that?

2. If a label owner emailed me telling me i can use their music provided i dont monetise and i abide by those rules and later that same label puts in a strike against me do i have any case or does it need to be an official sort of signed agreement?

Thanks
Shane
1. Generally, if you mute a song, then it will not be detectable and there is no infringement. But if it can be heard, it can be detected, and it can be matched or stricken.

2. Unfortunately, copyright owners are free to change their mind. Even if you had a signed agreement, they have the right to change their mind.