Copyright for voice-over?

Luka

Reaction score
Dear YTtalk,
I'm making animation videos for which I intend to use professional voice actors to do voice overs for multiple characters. My question is who owns the copyrights of the voice overs if I purchase them through a freelance site from the voice actors and post and monetize them?
Is there any agreement we should sign in order for me to "own" the recordings, or at least have the power to successfully appeal any eventual take-down notices or copyright claims from the voice actor(s)?
I would be very thankful for any guidance on this matter.

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I believe if you have a verbal or written agreement, any product produced with the content that you were permitted to use is rightfully your content.

I'm not a lawyer, and don't have a deep understanding of copyright law, but I'm pretty sure that if you're paying for a service, the recordings legally belong to you?

MakisDimakis

Reaction score
Dear YTtalk,
I'm making animation videos for which I intend to use professional voice actors to do voice overs for multiple characters. My question is who owns the copyrights of the voice overs if I purchase them through a freelance site from the voice actors and post and monetize them?
Is there any agreement we should sign in order for me to "own" the recordings, or at least have the power to successfully appeal any eventual take-down notices or copyright claims from the voice actor(s)?
I would be very thankful for any guidance on this matter.
Hello sir, do you have any update on this? Because i am thinking to do videos with voice-over too, what document do i need to ask from them?

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
We use voice bunny and once you pay you own the recording made by a voiceover actor and can use it commercially anywhere

Reactions: Bruman