Copyright disputes have me down

James Skintauy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have posted a few slideshows on a Youtube channel and I am very careful to only use music that I have rights for. Specifically, the right to use the music in a slideshow and to post that slideshow on the internet. I have payed various amounts (some small, some larger) for those rights and feel pretty violated over these disputes. I disputed one specific song that I have the rights to (clearly, specifically, including the fact that I could only use the 1 minute version) and despite that, their claim was first released then reinstated. Honestly, I am afraid of getting a "strike" by further appeal.
Too me, this takes away the value / value proposition of Youtube. While I appreciate that they are hosting my video for free, I don't feel that it is worth the hassle of fighting each issue. I have very few videos and have no interest in monetizing them. They are used as examples for my small slideshow service, so I can potentially profit (so there is a commercial aspect)
Given that I don't want to risk my status or really continue with Youtube, what services do the more experienced members here recommend? Note that I was considering Vimeo Pro but discovered they are implementing a similar system to Youtube. Do you recommend anyone else? Note that budget is an issue.
Regards, and thanks ahead for any thoughts.

Jim