Copyright Counter-Notification help

TopFelya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Some one re uploaded my video. That video gets more views then my original video. The youtube channel who stole my video got over 169K subs. All their content from others youtube channels.
I reported the the video and Youtube removed it.
Today I received Copyright Counter-Notification from that channel. Here is the Google translation from Russian
(This author, I do not have copyrights to this video and it does not belong to him as an author.)

If we do not receive notice from you, we may reinstate the material to YouTube.

If you have any questions, please contact youtube
Counter-Notification as follows:

Videos included in counter-notification:
  • here was removed video ULR
Display name of uploader: Скай Топ
Here is the Google translation from Russian
(У данного автора, отсутствую авторские права на это видео и оно ему, как автору, не принадлежит.)

Any good advise ? What do I have to do now ? I don't have much money to spend on copyright solicitor

PS Also I found on this guy channel another two of my videos

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
At this point it is beyond YouTube and you'd have to get a court action and send the proof to YouTube to keep the video down.

Last edited:

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I also replied to your original thread where you were looking for me, @TopFelya. Be Careful please. YouTube has started terminatiing channels of people they suspect of filing false legal forms. I think this time you have little choice but to file suit to not only keep the video down, but also to keep alive your own channel.

Reactions: Shakycow

TopFelya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I also replied to your original thread where you were looking for me, @TopFelya. Be Careful please. YouTube has started terminatiing channels of people they suspect of filing false legal forms. I think this time you have little choice but to file suit to not only keep the video down, but also to keep alive your own channel.
Thank you for an advise and warning

satiricals

I've Got It
Reaction score
I'm highly interested in what suit you have to file to keep the video down now that you received a counter copyright notification.

If anyone knows quote me and have it in your reply.

I'm also curious how jurisdiction will play into this. Seems the defendant is Russian while you're in the United Kingdom.

This is a civil matter and I'm not sure if you filed motions in the UK that they could force him over or even make a decision without him there.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I'm highly interested in what suit you have to file to keep the video down now that you received a counter copyright notification.

If anyone knows quote me and have it in your reply.

I'm also curious how jurisdiction will play into this. Seems the defendant is Russian while you're in the United Kingdom.

This is a civil matter and I'm not sure if you filed motions in the UK that they could force him over or even make a decision without him there.
If you look at the filing rules, they state the jurisdiction of the Federal Courts of California, or "any Jurisdiction in which YouTube may be found". As there is both a YouTube GB and a YouTube RU, you only have to file an injunction against the infringer in a court in the UK which handles copyright infringement, proving your IP rights in the video in question, and give the court case filing number to YouTube to keep the video down.

Also you forget that in many countries, Copyright Infringement is now a criminal matter and people can be arrested, fined and jailed for same. Check United States Law if you don't believe me; also the International Conventions of the United Nations on Intellectual Property.

Reactions: satiricals

ericshift1

Reaction score
They wont terminate your channel just because of a single successful counter notification. They will terminate your channel if you clearly don't own the material you're claiming.