Copyright Claim: "If you agree with these conditions, you don't have to do anything."

I get these all the time I don't think there's anything to worry about unless you take action. It's just a legal stuff that they have to do so they don't get sued. I'm sure they are happy you're using their content. Unless you're killing puppies with their music in the background I don't think they will take it down or give you a strike :0)

Hi all. I've used copyrighted material in my videos and they take any revenue generated; no problem. I get it.

However, it also says if you agree with the conditions (listed above), you don't have to do anything -- I'm worried.

I'm worried that at any time the claimant can change their mind on these "agreed conditions," so to speak, and give me a copyright strike for using their content.

Is that true? Can they do that?

That's CONTENT ID. It won't strike your account. That basically means "Oh you had a piece of my vid, imma steal your money until you dispute me and I decide if i feel like taking this to court or drop it"

Dispute it, if they say no just drop it or take em to court. It wont effect your actual account just take your money on that video unless you delete it. Then if it's deleted they can't do anything about it.

The dispute process doesn't auto-lead to court unless you are directly taking said videos (like movies) putting em on youtube for free. Even then they'd just report a copyright infringement, get it deleted, you get banned end of story.

Back