Copyright Claim: "If you agree with these conditions, you don't have to do anything."

iTzBryan

Reaction score
Hi all. I've used copyrighted material in my videos and they take any revenue generated; no problem. I get it.

However, it also says if you agree with the conditions (listed above), you don't have to do anything -- I'm worried.

I'm worried that at any time the claimant can change their mind on these "agreed conditions," so to speak, and give me a copyright strike for using their content.

Is that true? Can they do that?

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Are you referring to the notification that says "3rd Party Content Detected", then you have to acknowledge and credit them by clicking a button or something? (During the upload process)?

LionWaffles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Fullscreen provides creators with a YT CMS account, however I haven't actually used it yet, and don't plan to use it. To the furthest extent of my knowledge, yes, they are allowed to change the terms, but no answer yet.

iTzBryan

Reaction score
this is what im talking about

And I'm worried that they can change their mind about allowing the content to be used.... ie copyright strike without allowing me to at least delete the video

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Sure they could change their mind and give you a strike, but they could do that no matter what you do, and are much more likely to do that if you fight the claim. Out of the 150 to 200 copyright claims I've received, none of them have taken down my video and given me a copyright strike unless I fought the claim.

Reactions: Shakycow

Doctor Dano

Doctor Dano
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all. I've used copyrighted material in my videos and they take any revenue generated; no problem. I get it.

However, it also says if you agree with the conditions (listed above), you don't have to do anything -- I'm worried.

I'm worried that at any time the claimant can change their mind on these "agreed conditions," so to speak, and give me a copyright strike for using their content.

Is that true? Can they do that?
Hey man, no I would not worry. I have two of those vids on my channel. They wont change their policy because is not benificial for them. They are litteraly "happy" you used their content on your vid, they make money on each vid containing their content. By striking your channel they will lose that cash-flow.
Remember the PPAP hype? Well all those vids are just like that. The owner of PPAP gets all the cash from all those vids and he aint going to change that. :D

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
yeah I've got one of these since 2012. It's what they did when monetisation began, on an old 2009 vid. The claimant will likely want to earn the money and leave it up

Skeltano

The Best YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey man, you shouldn't worry.
They wont change their policy because it simply isn't beneficial for them.
They could easily strike you but they'd rather just take the money you earn them.

iTzBryan

Reaction score
Thanks for the knowledge. I guess I'm most worried because I've started putting in real effort into my channel and I don't want to jeopardize that. Thanks people!

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
That text is not meant to imply that you can't contest a copyright strike if it changes to that.

What's that text is meant to ask is whether you accept that
1) the copyrighted material that is claimed to be in your video is, in fact, in your video
and
2) you recognize that the claimant has a right to monetize/reduce viewership/monitor the video's stats.

So, one example when you wouldn't accept a content ID claim would be if you think the claim is false or inaccurate.