copy people

Andrew0109

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
erm i have no plan to rip anyone off, i found some videos i like and id like to make those type of videos. casey makes vlogs and so do many other people likewise your a toy channel i could but wont make a toy channel too as long as its not a direct copy of your site its not a problem as i see it. I think people misunderstand what im getting at, im not looking to copy people or copy videos etc thats not what im interested in doing, i want to make something similar to a channel iv recently seen.[DOUBLEPOST=1483057965,1483057550][/DOUBLEPOST]The type of videos id like to do is like crushing, cutting things apart etc other people do it i want to do it too but not directly copy them, put my own stamp on it as it were i dont see how anyone can claim that type of video all to themselves because its nothing unique

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
erm i have no plan to rip anyone off, i found some videos i like and id like to make those type of videos. casey makes vlogs and so do many other people likewise your a toy channel i could but wont make a toy channel too as long as its not a direct copy of your site its not a problem as i see it. I think people misunderstand what im getting at, im not looking to copy people or copy videos etc thats not what im interested in doing, i want to make something similar to a channel iv recently seen.[DOUBLEPOST=1483057965,1483057550][/DOUBLEPOST]The type of videos id like to do is like crushing, cutting things apart etc other people do it i want to do it too but not directly copy them, put my own stamp on it as it were i dont see how anyone can claim that type of video all to themselves because its nothing unique
I get ya - I think the title of the thread "copy people" lends itself to some misunderstanding.
The other discussion is more general, not specifically related to what you started the thread about.
Success to you for 2017!!

Andrew0109

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
oh yeah i never considered the title lol. Absolutely not going to rip anyone off thats a big no no for me.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Noooo!!!...... that's not what I want to hear.... but likely true.
I've got another meeting with our channel manager early next year, I'll ask about getting ContentID, which is what RTR got, but I think we're no where near big enough for that.
I Know :/ Yea, I think that depends on some factors, but you may be there by the time you meet! Btw, how do you get a channel manager?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I Know :/ Yea, I think that depends on some factors, but you may be there by the time you meet! Btw, how do you get a channel manager?
There are a bunch of things that kick off when you hit 100k subs. One is a dedicated channel manager, another is Hangout sessions with other channels and several Youtube brand managers where different topics are discussed. There are sessions every few weeks. You also get a dedicated email address to access support. More benefits open up as you hit different sub levels it seems. It's like being upgraded to business class with an access to the lounge and the delicious finger food they have. I can only imagine at 1M you get upgraded to 1st class seating. But jokes aside, Yt starts to share a lot of detailed information about how to grow your channel, tailored specifically to you, and we discuss case studies about other channels that are growing. Unfortunately, at the start of every session they state that information is confidential and proprietary, and we are not permitted to record nor take screen shots.

It's the biggest thing I've noticed. For the first 6 months when you're struggling under 2k subs and feel very disheartened, there is little in the way of help and hope. But then if you are lucky enough to start to grow, and can show continued growth, Yt really take you under their wings and do all they can to help you grow. After all, their revenue depends on your success. The first 6 months are like an internship, you get no pay for lots of hard work. If you pass, the door opens. The better you do, the wider it opens. At 500k-1M subs you're in the club.

Reactions: Pierce's Mom
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are a bunch of things that kick off when you hit 100k subs. One is a dedicated channel manager, another is Hangout sessions with other channels and several Youtube brand managers where different topics are discussed. There are sessions every few weeks. You also get a dedicated email address to access support. More benefits open up as you hit different sub levels it seems. It's like being upgraded to business class with an access to the lounge and the delicious finger food they have. I can only imagine at 1M you get upgraded to 1st class seating. But jokes aside, Yt starts to share a lot of detailed information about how to grow your channel, tailored specifically to you, and we discuss case studies about other channels that are growing. Unfortunately, at the start of every session they state that information is confidential and proprietary, and we are not permitted to record nor take screen shots.

It's the biggest thing I've noticed. For the first 6 months when you're struggling under 2k subs and feel very disheartened, there is little in the way of help and hope. But then if you are lucky enough to start to grow, and can show continued growth, Yt really take you under their wings and do all they can to help you grow. After all, their revenue depends on your success. The first 6 months are like an internship, you get no pay for lots of hard work. If you pass, the door opens. The better you do, the wider it opens. At 500k-1M subs you're in the club.
Wow that all sounds amazing! I didn't know all that! I doubt we will ever get to 100K subs, or even near to it as 6 months in and we are struggling to make it to 1,000K subs even with new videos everyday. Oh, of course, I wouldn't expect it not to be confidential :) Thank you for sharing! How exciting for you![DOUBLEPOST=1483101350,1483101305][/DOUBLEPOST]
I dont copy people - People copy me.
I wish people would copy me lol

AntoNeo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
can you copy people in there ideas but put your own slant on it? I ask cos im fresh out of ideas so i look for inspiration from others and i like the things they do so can i do what they do but make it my style sort of thing?
Yeah you can! There's a book called Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon and talks about what you're talking about

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I get ya - I think the title of the thread "copy people" lends itself to some misunderstanding.
The other discussion is more general, not specifically related to what you started the thread about.
Success to you for 2017!!
Man I found a channel similar to mine with half my subs do some careless dad videos and now they have more subs than me. So i gave in and just renamed mine to careless dad. Hopefully yt will re-index with new info. Ive been a fool! :)

By the way Im loving the tummy ache thumbnails.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Okay so I have my own opinion on copying which is totally hypocritical.

I did a Sharpie DIY (which is very popular on blogs and youtube) and put my own spin on it and "copied" Chip from Beauty and the Beast. Disney technically has the rights to it. So they could flag me on it, and I am fully aware of it... But its my most successful video and I'm really proud of coming up with this recreation which I had never seen anyone do before.

Then I started noticing a bunch of people making Chip mugs, and doing really well with it. Technically I shouldn't feel upset because the design isn't mine. But the techniques, and the style are the same. And their commentary is very similar. So I feel cheated (again it's hypocritical).

Whenever I get "inspiration" from a blog, or channel, I always credit the owner. I made bath bombs in one video, and obviously didn't come up with those recipes. So I credited the blog owner in my video and the description. And I put my own spin on the recipe as well.

Theres a very thin line of plagiarism and inspiration. There is one video that I really want to make but its full on copying someones design from a T-shirt, and putting it on a canvas. I'm trying to contact the owner before making this video. The way I think about it, is if it were my content, would I want credit? Try to make it your own idea if you can. If it is "copying" and you don't get rights to it, it is technically illegal.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview