Controversial video - what do you think?

Eve Hemingway

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I made a video on antidepressants. In the UK this is such a controversial topic because even talking about depression and anxiety is a very sensitive thing that we seem to keep to ourselves. So something that is an artificial product that is supposed to cure it is a big NO NO. Everyone seems to talk about it negatively but I want to bring it to light that it can be used well alongside therapy.

I was wondering about your opinion on this topic and whether this is different in other countries? Let me know in the comments :)

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I don't understand why you feel the need to say "this video does not intend to promote taking anti-depressants" why would that be such a bad thing?

Reactions: videoeditgr

Eve Hemingway

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't understand why you feel the need to say "this video does not intend to promote taking anti-depressants" why would that be such a bad thing?
Well it's a bit of a touchy subject in the media recently in the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/feb/05/xanax-misuse-uk-dark-web-sales-health

So I didn't want to make it seem like I was promoting them in case people saw it and wanted liked the sound of taking them if they didnt actually need them. If you get where im coming from

Reactions: CristyTango

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
Oh I see what you are saying. It just came across as you were against medication being used to cure/alleviate mental health issues, and you seemed to be treading lightly not knowing whether it was more important not to seem like you were promoting them, or to tell people how it can work for them.

Eve Hemingway

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh I see what you are saying. It just came across as you were against medication being used to cure/alleviate mental health issues, and you seemed to be treading lightly not knowing whether it was more important not to seem like you were promoting them, or to tell people how it can work for them.
Ok thank you so much for the feedback. I might edit the start of the video then. I wasnt too sure about adding it in anyway. thanks again

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
Ok thank you so much for the feedback. I might edit the start of the video then. I wasnt too sure about adding it in anyway. thanks again
No problem! If anything you could always make a comment and pin it so people can see before commenting. (that is if anyone has an issue with what you are saying, but I don't know why they would. You're not telling everyone to misuse or anything.)

Eve Hemingway

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No problem! If anything you could always make a comment and pin it so people can see before commenting. (that is if anyone has an issue with what you are saying, but I don't know why they would. You're not telling everyone to misuse or anything.)
that's a really good idea! thank you. I will do that now :D

Reactions: CristyTango