Continue YouTube in Worst Case Scenario?

Stan Tse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know a lot of people would say: "Don't give up! Keep going and eventually..."

So I currently own a gaming channel with barely any subs.

I don't have a good setup, I suck at commentary, I live in a noisy and disruptive environment, I have bad internet and no one around me understands what I'm doing

EDIT: Most importantly, I don't have much spare time to really produce good content.

Should I continue YouTube, or not?

Last edited:

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I will say it like this. At the beginning things are always hard, you will feel lost and insecure. I been on youtube for 6 years now, I have 1k subs sure, I like in a noisy place since I have birds and living on Puerto Rico we have coquis as well but just because of that I haven't given up on my dreams of being able to do this for living. So that is up to you if you want to continue doing youtube or not.

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Keep going you will get better as you go. Part of the fun and challenge of running a channel is problem solving. When I started my channel I had no idea what I was doing. I still dont really know but I learned enough to get by and Im always trying to get better.

You will get better at commentary after awhile, I was horrible at it but got better and as for technical issues there are some clever tricks you can do to deal with those most the time. Good luck!

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So our channels are sort of in the same market, I haven't played Clash Royale on my channel but I get it requested all the time because it's very similar to the game that I do play right now.

My advice would be that Clash Royale has a lot of competition to work through, so if that's what you want to do you're going to need to be patient and be willing to roll out 100+ videos if that's what it takes to gain traction. I think you also have to capitalize off of any chance to make a video on new update or information on new cards or just any update. The stuff you're making are okay ideas but they might not get that much attention until you manage to hit a gateway video, and given the level of competition I would think it would probably be on either a game update or a new strategy or something that allows you to standout. I don't play clash royale so I can't help too much specifically unfortunately.

Honestly I think if you can get a few videos with views in the hundreds I think that's a good start. Any small amount of exposure should be a positive. I would just keep trying to make each video specific and interesting and make lots more of them to increase your chances of getting a gateway vid.

Or you can choose to go around the competition like I did and play lesser known games, and then maybe go back to Clash Royale after you have some subs to help rank you on keywords. I think you should continue if you enjoy making the videos and believe in yourself.

Biggest issue would be the lack of time, if you have lots of time you can suck at YouTube but still make it if you keep trying hard enough and learn from each video.

One other tip I have is to search other small Clash/Mobile channels, bookmark them, and keep track of their popular videos/ what they uploaded recently to get an idea of what niche topics within Clash Royale are doing well at the moment. You want to look for demand with low competition, aka other small youtubers are getting views on the topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan Tse

QuickTop 10's/5's

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Nobody can tell you what you should do. If you don't want to continue then don't and if you do well great but 17 videos and 14 subscribers is a great margin that you should be proud of but if your not having fun with it anymore then just stop wasting your time doing it because its not just about getting famous or getting popular its about keeping yourself relevant when you reach that point and limiting yourself to just one game is not a great way of doing that. I know this may seem harsh but its the truth that everyone trying to become successful in any field is scared to accept

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
If you have no time, equipment or confidence then no. You should quit. It might make people feel like I'm a negative person but if you have any inkling that it's not going to work you should end it. You'll only bend yourself in crazy ways to convince yourself to keep going with none of them actually working out

chloeevevlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've noticed youtube is way more worthwhile when you enjoy what you are producing. If you think that you don't like it anymore or that there is something else to be prioritised then stop. The great thing about youtube is that you can alway come back to it.

AMX Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
in the end you have to make videos for you, you have to be able to watch the video and if you are happy, proud of what you made, that that's what it's all about, I too have struggled and seen extreme changes in my own channel, there was a time where 100 plus views was piece of cake, since a few weeks ago getting 100 has been so tough, even though that does get me down, you just doing the best with what you have, if you do wanna get somewhere you will need to step up the quality.

maarcnig

itsLIT!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly that's up to you. Most people do the for a living and some do it just for fun/as a hobby. If you don't have the time in your hands then I suggest you focus on other things. However I'm not one to tell you what to do, so that's your own decision. I say do it for fun