Content ID'd Against a review?

WeegieMovies

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Reviewer
Ok so I just got my first content ID strike. I uploaded a trailer reaction for Dumb and Dumber To. I essentially have the trailer playing while I talk over it in the upper corner, as I've seen many people do.
I automatically got a content ID claim from Universal. Fair enough, I wasn't expecting it, but I accept it. It is a trailer for their movie.
But I was under the impression that a review/ opinion piece is 'fair game'. I'm not looking to profit from this video, I haven't monetised it etc.
Just wondering what the likely consequences of this are? As I said, I'm not disputing that it's their content, I just wasn't aware prior to posting the video that I wasn't allowed to use it as a review.
Thanks in advance :)

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Reviews that contain things like trailers always get matched unless the reference portion is so tiny that the content owners have a policy that allows x seconds of use before it gets matched and claimed. It's up to you whether you want to dispute it with Universal but they have the choices of releasing the claim, reinstate it or taking it video down.

WeegieMovies

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Reviewer
I didn't dispute it, there's no contest. I haven't attempted to monetise the video, but there are ads displaying on it, so I'm guessing Universal have seen it and just chose to display ads. I was just worried that it could affect my account standing as I've never had a content match before, but I think everything's fine.