Content ID system updated / revised? - Discussion

spineblaZe

Reaction score
I think youtube's content ID system has been recently (past month or so) revised, revamped or updated. I've been able to avoid "matched third party" content fairly easily on my personal channel (spineblaze, not monetized) by slightly speeding up songs (3 or 4 %). However, now those same songs are being content ID matched, and I have to speed them up by 8 to 10% to avoid getting content ID matched.

Has anyone else had content getting Contend ID flagged recently that they haven't had trouble with before?

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The copyright owner has either entered the sped up version of song into Content ID or manually claimed your video. Content ID only matches what is given to its database.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
The copyright owner has either entered the sped up version of song into Content ID or manually claimed your video. Content ID only matches what is given to its database.
If Content ID was only capable of matching exact, then any added noise into the mix such as for example an active microphone would cause the system to fail. I'd be curious to hear how you know Content ID is that limited, because honestly I have my doubts that you are correct. Audio recognition has improved by leaps and bounds over the last 5 years.

Also, OP you deserve any copyright strikes you get.

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If Content ID was only capable of matching exact, then any added noise into the mix such as for example an active microphone would cause the system to fail. I'd be curious to hear how you know Content ID is that limited, because honestly I have my doubts that you are correct. Audio recognition has improved by leaps and bounds over the last 5 years.

Also, OP you deserve any copyright strikes you get.
Speeding up (or slowing down) a song is well known to bypass the original which it's trying to match - the beats, rhythm are not the same. The technology used is not advanced enough to add layers of different speeds within its original asset. In this case, I believe it was manually claimed by the copyright owner.