Content ID Claim - but can it get to Fair Use?

midzan21

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This title maybe be confusing, but here are some things that I'm currently doing with one of videos that I made this summer.

So, this summer and while on 2 weeks long vacation at seaside I made a bunch of videos. Almost all are in Fair Use policy because there are mostly remixes or parts of popular catholic Songs in Croatian. Before, there was no issue with one song, but this year it make me going almost crazy.

So, video is named

Dubine (Oceans) @ Krapanj 2016 ► 1. studentski termin

And as you might expect video got Content ID Claim. For a reason that I want to explain I got it back as Dispute to multiple song owners.

For now I'm waiting resolution of Dispute, because if they don't respond I can monetize video back. And just for a notice, video have some audio breaks, song is sung in Croatian but I always keep name of original in brackets. Also I mentioned in Dispute that this is Fair Use because of reasons that it isn't full song at all, it is missing last part of it, and because lot of Catholic Camps have sing it and upload that never was a issue before on Content ID side, not even for almost 2 years old version of song that I had on one of older Channels back in the days.

Claimants (screenshot is down below) have time time until 8. September to release Claim (which is right on my birthday IMO) just like I got 2 videos released from claim for Fair Use this month (2 full covers of songs, not a single word is from song but music actually is and it helped me a lot with a good Dispute) and now they can be monetized back :)

Enjoy reading this, plus there should be update in this situation, hopefully positive to my side :)

Attachments

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Almost all are in Fair Use policy because there are mostly remixes or parts of popular catholic Songs in Croatian. Before, there was no issue with one song, but this year it make me going almost crazy.
I just wanted to say that what you've described here is not necessarily fair use. A remix is not fair use (and so, remixers should pay royalties to those they are remixing), and a part of a song isn't necessarily fair use either.

But hopefully the claims will be released.

Reactions: Idec Sdawkminn

midzan21

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just an update from this Dispute on Content ID Claim - it is dismissed, and I can't monetize on video. There are ads from Claimants a not mine, which is also fine.
Results came yesterday afternoon and today before half an hour.
I won't get any Appeal on dispute, because don't wanna Strike on Channel (still didn't reached one year from creation).

Proof:
Screenshot_142.jpg

midzan21

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Whoa one update from few days ago (and after waiting for about IDK 7 months from first dispute) I got partial Monetization on video. This is insane how long does YouTube & google need time to detect that this is video is fair use (Cover of song written by somebody else). I didn't got any e-mail info but I regularly check Dashboard and saw that. Insane but still.

Proof is screencap down below.

Attachments