contacting companys for sponsorship

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
so for the first time sense I started my channel I am seeking sponsorship on something. basically its a tool that retails roughly around $2k that ill need for a upcoming video on a project I am working on. I already e-mailed one company that manufactures/sells this tool. and there is a few others I could contact as well. looking for any suggestions critiques on this process.

screen shot of the sent e-mail

ill copy and paste the text from the email as well just incase the screenshot is hard to read.

Hello, my name is Ezra *******

I am currently working on a project that I feel could be a very good marketing opportunity for your company/brand. I have the youtube channel ********* ( channel link ) I just started a new project restoring a 1983 peterbilt 359 semi truck. This project is quickly gaining interest of a large audience of people interested in semi truck repair and restoration. Only the first two videos of this project have been uploaded within the last week, currently generating over 1000 hours of watch time per day and the potential to reach millions of people. I will very soon be moving onto replacing some body panels on this truck. If you guys would be willing to supply me with your tools and supplies for riveting the body panels I would make your products a feature/sponsor of the video to a targeted audience.

If you would be interested in being a part of this project please contact me at

If there is a specific person in charge of marketing that you want me to contact please reply with the contact information.

Thank you,

Last edited:

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I started to work with sponsors last year and it has transformed my channel.

Just a couple of suggestions that will help:

- Use more statistics. You have over 6000 subscribers, and gain X new subscribers every month on average. Tell the potential sponsor how many views your average video receives. Remind him that video is far more powerful than magazine advertising and is the direction that all large companies are going in. Magazine advertising ends up in the trash can...video is forever.

- Be specific about the tools and supplies that you are asking them for and give them an example of how you will promote them in the video. For example you could say "Your rivet rocket is exactly the right tool for me to use on the front fender, I could show some close up footage of the tool as I do the work and say to my viewers " I really must thank Rivet Rocket Inc who sponsored this video. I reached out to them because their tools are simply the best on the market and I couldn't believe it when they offered to sponsor this series of videos AND offer a 20% discount on their products to my viewers. You can get that discount by clicking the link below."

To be honest I think that it's a lot to expect the sponsor to provide you with $2000 of equipment, so you may be better off asking for a discount. I may be wrong though...I guess there's no harm in asking.

Let us know how you get on.

Best,

David

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Excellent advice. I guess I'm not expecting them to give me a unit but rather send me a demo unit for use in the video and then send it back to them. I did kinda avoid using channel statistics because this particular project is way out preforming my previous content iv gained over 1500 subs sense introducing the project a little over a week ago. But yes I could certainly see where I need to include more statistical data. I did also include the specific tool in the email title but should have included it in the body of the email as well

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Would you suggest possible including a screenshot of the anylitics to help illiterate the interest in the project such as this
Screenshot_20190904-114553.png

the_drifting_dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
you want to under promise and over deliver. Also detailing exactly what you will do to promote their product helps as well. Think about other ways you can show their product and logo besides just the one video using it.

For instance I have a sponsor page I show in every video within the first 5 seconds of the video.

Reactions: Ezrider92356

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
you want to under promise and over deliver. Also detailing exactly what you will do to promote their product helps as well. Think about other ways you can show their product and logo besides just the one video using it.

For instance I have a sponsor page I show in every video within the first 5 seconds of the video.
None of the emails I sent had any response. I I know you have had pretty good success at getting sponsorship. Do you have any tips on how to get in contact with the right people. Should I be starting out with a pitch or should I be starting out asking for specific contact info.

the_drifting_dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
None of the emails I sent had any response. I I know you have had pretty good success at getting sponsorship. Do you have any tips on how to get in contact with the right people. Should I be starting out with a pitch or should I be starting out asking for specific contact info.
I try to call and ask who I should send a proposal too. Try reaching out to smaller companies not huge corporations

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
It's difficult when you first look for sponsorship. Once you have your first sponsor you can use it to say "I produced a vlog with sponsorship by XCO and we had xxx views"...it gives credibility to your proposal. Nobody wants to be the first company to sponsor you.

All I can say is that you should keep asking and write to as many potential sponsors as you can until you find one that will work with you. After that it should get a little easier.