Constant Subs

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
With all due respect, that’s probably why you have 19 subscribers after 5 months and I have 53,000 subscribers after a year. You gotta step up for yourself. No one else will. In fact, the original poster is gaining subs FASTER than YOU are, so it seems odd for you to be putting down anyone’s suggestions of help.

But in all seriousness, I’m not talking about doing this with people you are marginally connected to. But EVERYONE has a few dozen friends that you can say “DUDE, you haven’t subscribed to my YouTube channel yet? Get your d*mn phone out and let me show you how to subscribe!” I’m not talking about physically taking phones out of folks hands and forcing them to subscribe. Please use some basic common sense here.

The point of my comment was that if you have had a YouTube channel for several months and are still stuck at double-digit subscribers, you’re doing something wrong. LOTS of channels use a sub-4-sub model to get past the 100-sub mark so they can claim their unique channel ID and actually start REAL marketing using a brand name. I certainly did it. And once I got to 100 subs, I was able to do real marketing and get my subscriber base to over 50k in just over a year. This is a VERY common tactic, especially in commercial and corporate channels. It’s not a sustainable tactic and I would NEVER recommend it as a long term strategy. But in all honesty, do whatever it takes to get to 100 subs, claim your channel name and then implement all the other hundreds of ideas to drive traffic.
Hey, so I feel like sub 4 sub is a very desperate method to get subs, but I’ve used it on other channels in the past and it’s worked fairly well. Same with entering contests for shoutouts. I’m finding though in this current YouTube era those are becoming more difficult to find. How do come across s4s and shoutout contest things?

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
This is a VERY common tactic, especially in commercial and corporate channels.
I think that twitter killed thousand of accounts that used to do this very common tactic.
What if youtube do the same?
I have already deleted a channel for manipulation.
And Youtube seems a very fluid environment as for rules and penalties.
;)

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that twitter killed thousand of accounts that used to do this very common tactic.
What if youtube do the same?
I have already deleted a channel for manipulation.
And Youtube seems a very fluid environment as for rules and penalties.
;)
Well, many times when people ask me for my YouTube channel, they inform me some seconds later that they've found it and subscribed to it. I didn't even ask them to subscribe, but they did it because they see me friendly and positive and probably they want me to succeed.
About your friendships reconsideration. If I had friends who don't want to see me successful, I would also reconsider that friendship.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
About your friendships reconsideration. If I had friends who don't want to see me successful, I would also reconsider that friendship.
hah!? that was hard.

So, whatever a friend asks me I have to deliver?
Else, I don't want him to be succesful.

Nice.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hah!? that was hard.

So, whatever a friend asks me I have to deliver?
Else, I don't want him to be succesful.

Nice.
Heh, Nice way of twisting other people words. Anyway, as I said, even people who barely know me, subscribe to me, without asking.

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Oh I also forgot to add one last big tip.

Comment on YouTube channels similar to yours, don't underesitimate the comments section.

Find popular YouTube channels in the same Niche as yours and include interesting, thoughtful comments that cotribute something to the channel, not just "check out my channel and sub to me please" as these will likely be deleted anyway.

Posting on channels similar to yours on a regular basis will undoubtedly get you the odd subscriber here and there.
I agree with this 110%! YouTube can be used as a social media platform itself. By reaching out and engaging with the community you can gain a big traction from that alone.

It's helpful in comments to sometimes mention that you're into the same things as the video you're commenting on and that alone can be enough of a reason for someone to visit your channel.

Also, replying to people's comments is helpful because it directly informs that person that you took time to read their comments and make a response. If I saw people doing that consistently I would be more than happy to check out their content and are if it was a good fit for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk