Consistently Inconsistent and how it affects Youtube Channels Potential.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi There!

So it's been quite a while since I was logged in on this forum even got my OG profile picture anyway so I've had my channel for 5 years now (That's when I uploaded my first video) and I have very quickly realised that in the 5 years I've been on Youtube I have uploaded 101 videos. It sounds like a lot until you take into account the fact that there are 1825 days in 5 years 1724 days without uploading. I wish to be more consistent by planning a schedule and uploading weekly and then multiple times a week. Does anyone have strategies on how to keep yourself focused? since that's my fatal flaw. I get distracted by other projects, platforms, channels. I'm proud of my content but I feel that the fact there is so little and because I'm so inconsistent that my channel has not reached it's true potential. Anyways any advice or just sharing similar experiences of your own in this feed would be awesome.

- Biscuit

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I try for 2 a week. Generally I have a few uploaded and scheduled in advance. I was 8 vids ahead, now I have nothing scheduled and need to get one ready for Monday... maybe...

Your planning and motivation would likely depend on your content. I do travel/expat vids. If I am not traveling I can just talk about life in the Philippines, for a retired American. I did a trip last weekend for my 5th wedding anniversary and should get 4 or 5 nice beach vids out of it. Just been lazy this week and not got it done yet. I got distracted with a book I am writing, and fell behind on my vids.

Reactions: OrdinaryBiscuit
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think a routine is very important. Set aside specific days and times that are for YouTube creation and stick to it.

For the "focus" aspect, there is an excellent book on this subject called "Deep work" - https://www.amazon.com/Deep-Work-Focused-Success-Distracted/dp/0349413681/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
Thanks for the input you were here when I first joined crown helped me out since I was terrible at forum stuff still am xD Scheduling is probably the way to go I will take a look at that book thanks for the input everyone!

Reactions: Crown