Confused About Money Made On YouTube...

PianoPig

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello all!

So I am relatively new to YouTube, started my channel about 6 months ago and almost at 200 subscribers.

I do have all my videos monetized, but I am not looking to make any money on YouTube just yet because I am at a very early stage indeed!

However, I just wanted to have something cleared up. From what I have read, an average amount made on YouTube is around $2 per 1000 views. On my 'ad rates' in my analytics it says my CMP is $4.09.

So the last 2 videos I have released both have around 600 views, and each one has made me about $0.04. Surely following the calculations of $2 per 1000 views, every 500 views should give roughly $0.5?

As I said I am not looking to make lots of money just yet whatsoever, I am just interested to know why this doesn't add up at all or if I am just missing something?

LiquidGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Your cpm will go up and down for various reasons. Just today I had around fortey eight thousand views, yet I only made £36 making my cpm less than £1 per thousand views.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PianoPig

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
That's interesting to know!

The only thing is that with that $0.04 I made from 500 views would make my CPM about $0.16 per thousand views. And it says it is $4.09, surely that is way out for it to be anything even close to being correct??

Thanks for the reply :)

LiquidGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's interesting to know!

The only thing is that with that $0.04 I made from 500 views would make my CPM about $0.16 per thousand views. And it says it is $4.09, surely that is way out for it to be anything even close to being correct??

Thanks for the reply :)
Unsure, YouTubes adsense has been all over the place recently due to companies backing out from YouTube

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the monetization forum. :)

Coshi360Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah it will be a little while until everything clears up with monitization on youtube after the whole thing with advertisers backing out and hopefully they give creators some kind of compensation. I'd reccommend using a few affilate links in your description to try and get a little bit extra.

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
the 2 dollars per thousand isn't 100% always the case. like others mentioned, it can fluctuate. during the Youtube add boycott, a lot of people got effed in the butt so to speak. I think I was only getting 78 cents per 1,000. the past month was a little better at about 1.38 per 1,000 but that's on the extremely low side.

I'd say to be safe, expect between 1 and 2 bucks per thousand.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's highly dependent on many factors. I'm relatively new (about 3-4 months) but have grown pretty quickly (I think) and my CPM is around $7.55. Having read about MUCH lower numbers, I'm kind of in shock.

PianoPig

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
the 2 dollars per thousand isn't 100% always the case. like others mentioned, it can fluctuate. during the Youtube add boycott, a lot of people got effed in the butt so to speak. I think I was only getting 78 cents per 1,000. the past month was a little better at about 1.38 per 1,000 but that's on the extremely low side.

I'd say to be safe, expect between 1 and 2 bucks per thousand.
Thanks for the reply! What your saying makes sense, however as I previously said I have 2 videos with over 600 views and each one has made about $0.04 each..... so that makes a CMP of roughly 15 cents per 1000 views, this seems ridiculously low?!

And as well as that being the case, it actually says that by CMP is $4.09 so nothing adds up?!

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the reply! What your saying makes sense, however as I previously said I have 2 videos with over 600 views and each one has made about $0.04 each..... so that makes a CMP of roughly 15 cents per 1000 views, this seems ridiculously low?!

And as well as that being the case, it actually says that by CMP is $4.09 so nothing adds up?!
your CPM is per 1000 VIEWED ADS. Not just views. out of the 600 views, how many of them actually interacted with the ad? Not many. And that's why you have 4 cents.