Confirm Youtube will remove your video because of the description

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
A while back Youtube said they will remove videos because of community guidelines being broken. What everyone thought is the comments but that wasn't it. My videos got removed due to a link as shown below.

The link is indeed to another site that may not be ok with kids. Nothing wrong with the video, it been up for a whole year until now. I know this because all Sengoku Providence videos were taken down.

Again all of the videos are fine, it was a simple story with rpg elements you can find in other video games. The big problem youtube has is the link to the website which may not be safe for kids. This confirms that Youtube may not only remove you for comments but description too.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Didn't know about this. I find it so frustrating that Youtube is so vague about their strikes. If they would just say 'the link in your description is a violation of our community guidelines', we would actually knów, instead of having to guess.

Reactions: UhoohExtra

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Didn't know about this. I find it so frustrating that Youtube is so vague about their strikes. If they would just say 'the link in your description is a violation of our community guidelines', we would actually knów, instead of having to guess.
Not a lot of guessing in this example though, is there? NSFW link, especially content that seem to target kids. Fix it and move on.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
It makes sense as to why they are being more strict with the comments section and also with the descriptions that have links to other sites in them.

My huge concern is linking other sites to affiliates I've worked with (Music composer, visual effects company, etc). I know their sites are safe and kid friendly but would Youtube possibly take that the wrong way some day?
Just makes me worry sometimes.