Computer Upgrade for smooth editing?

rayzer88

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I was hoping someone could give me some advice on the best upgrade for my computer, to improve my video editing experience. I'm using Filmora 9 (which having looked, does seem to have lag/crashing problems anyway, but it was the most accessible to me)

I'm currently running an i5 2400, 8gb RAM and the onboard Intel HD Graphics 2000

Video editing is smooth to begin with, but the more cuts I begin with but the more cuts I make, the worse it gets (and the longer the original video, the worse it is) until eventually the program is virtually unusable

I'm wondering what would be the best short term thing I should upgrade? CPU or GPU?

I'm a little limited on space as my computer is a SFF case but the GPU I had been looking at was the GT 730 2gb (If that is the route you recommend I take)

Thanks for taking the time to look, and for any advice you may be able to give me :)

rayzer88

Reaction score
Or failing that, would someone be able to recommend a user-friendly editing program that would be suitable for use with an i5-2400 processor?

I looked at the specs for Adobe Premiere 2019 and just laughed haha

I should point out that all my videos at the moment are 720p/30fps