Computer Purchase Question

MitchJ

Reaction score
As I've stated in a previous thread, I am relatively new to uploading to YouTube. I hope not to sound stupid however I'm wondering if the below computer would be a good choice for me to purchase when choosing a computer for video editing?

I am looking to purchase the following computer - Acer Aspire T3 Desktop - AT3-715A-UR12 (us-store.acer.com/desktops/tower/aspire-t3-desktop-at3-715a-ur12)

Processor & Chipset
Processor Type: Intel® Core™ i7
Processor Speed: 3.40 GHz

Memory
Standard Memory: 16 GB
Maximum Memory: 64 GB

Storage
Number of Hard Drives: 1
Total Hard Drive Capacity: 2 TB

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nice. That will be perfect if the graphics card is OK. What does it have?

I have an I5 and it processes OK, but the I7 will multi thread and do a faster job.

You can't really go wrong with that unit.

Reactions: MitchJ

HC.SameerPatil

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As I've stated in a previous thread, I am relatively new to uploading to YouTube. I hope not to sound stupid however I'm wondering if the below computer would be a good choice for me to purchase when choosing a computer for video editing?

I am looking to purchase the following computer - Acer Aspire T3 Desktop - AT3-715A-UR12 (us-store.acer.com/desktops/tower/aspire-t3-desktop-at3-715a-ur12)

Processor & Chipset
Processor Type: Intel® Core™ i7
Processor Speed: 3.40 GHz

Memory
Standard Memory: 16 GB
Maximum Memory: 64 GB

Storage
Number of Hard Drives: 1
Total Hard Drive Capacity: 2 TB
Hey Mitch, those specs are pretty good for video editing and rendering. An area you may want to also consider is the graphics card as this would help you render your videos faster. On the market these days the standard for graphic cards are 2gb memory which will do the trick.

I edit and upload my videos using a DELL inspiron 15 5000 series which has 16gb ram, only a 250gb solid state drive, i7 3.4ghz processor and a 4gb Radeon graphics card. I have had no problem using this setup so far.

I hope this helped you make your decision. Good luck Mitch!

Reactions: MitchJ

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
what is your budget? i've recently just upgraded to a better PC and it does the job a hell of a lot faster! :D
Its an Intel Core i7 6700k, 8GB DDR4 RAM (upgrading soon) it has a 250gb SSD and a 1TB HDD,
Geforce GTX 1060 Asus ROG Strix Gaming OC 6GB and i picked this rig up for £1000 :)