Compressing Fraps Videos

Trilient

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
I've had some trouble compressing my videos to make them smaller, uploading them to youtube takes like 3-5 hours or longer, I use sony vegas pro to edit and import the raw AVI files fraps records in to vegas. When it's rendered, it's still a bit smaller than all the individual files, but I've seen people say they're 720p gameplay recording is only 100-200 MBs, and mines still in the gigs.

What should I use to compress my videos? Or what should I do in vegas to make the rendered video smaller?

(Last time I rendered a video I had to do it overnight, took about 8 hours to finish. I'm hoping smaller files will decrease the rendering time?)

Xravager

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Check out this video! :) This will render your file in 720p high definition for youtube and the completed rendered file doesn't have more than 2-300mb and it takes about 1-2 hours to render a 10 minute video in 720p.

MJVG

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
when i compress my files i use windows live movie maker and compress to 1080p settings this normally makes the file sizes around 200mb to 800mb depending on the video size i then use a program called handbrake to compress them further down to .mp4 formats which normally range between 70mb to 150mb the quality holds well so my videos still look of high quality

Trilient

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
I will give these ideas a shot, thanks for the replies :)