BigBoss

Reaction score
Hey, is it possible to create compilation video of other youtubers videos and upload it without getting copyright strike, or without getting video taken down?

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Short answer - NO. You could do it if you ask for written permission from original creators and only upload it when you have all written permissions from all the videos in your compilation, so as soon as your videos gets copyright strike you can send evidence.

CREATIVE COMMONS - Believe me or not , there are lots of people who upload copyrighted material to youtube under Creative Commons license.
Then when you go to editor on Youtube and use those videos you are risking your account getting a strike. So be very careful.

Reactions: BigBoss

BigBoss

Reaction score
Short answer - NO. You could do it if you ask for written permission from original creators and only upload it when you have all written permissions from all the videos in your compilation, so as soon as your videos gets copyright strike you can send evidence.

CREATIVE COMMONS - Believe me or not , there are lots of people who upload copyrighted material to youtube under Creative Commons license.
Then when you go to editor on Youtube and use those videos you are risking your account getting a strike. So be very careful.
Thanks, can i get sued if i use copyrighted material which is uploaded by smaller channels? 0-50.000 subscriebers

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Thanks, can i get sued if i use copyrighted material which is uploaded by smaller channels? 0-50.000 subscriebers
You can get sued no matter who made it. If you didn't create it yourself or have the proper (written) permissions to use the footage, you leave yourself open to a strike and/ or lawsuit.