Comparison: Successful Channel vs Unsuccessful Channel

Eljay

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
By coincidence I discovered this channel with nursery rhymes that seems to be doing everything right: It is consistent with video uploads, it has HUNDREDS of videos(probably more than 500), it has popular topics but the view and sub count is incredibly low that it is hard to believe that that is even possible considering the amount of videos it has.

Then there is a similar channel with the same type nursery rhyme videos that is the opposite. It is extremely popular but has waaay less videos(around 50).

I think both channels have videos with a pretty bad quality and the videos are extremely generic on both channels to be honest but I still wonder how it is possible and why one channel has almost no views(average views per video are around 50-100) and and hardly any subs(122 subs) at all while the other one has millions of views per video(one video even has more than one hundred million views) and loads of subs(around 400 thousand).

I get more that for some reason the successful channel gets a lot of views from really young kids who watch each video a hundred times even though the quality is bad but how is it possible that the other one has such a low viewer-ship?

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would say that the successful channel is better at tags and SEO than the other, has a better marketing strategy and is first in with a trending topic

Feathers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Wow that's really interesting you found one with similar content but such a drastic difference, I'm really interested in knowing what one is doing well and what the other is lacking at. It could be SEO and tags but is the content exactly the same? Maybe one is better at suiting the language or pictures better at their audience. I haven't seen the channels so I have no idea so taking wild guesses. :eek:

Eljay

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
"Wow" is what came to my mind as well. I get all the marketing strategy, better content etc. but no matter what, the thing I don't get is how a channel that has the same classic popular nursery rhymes that the successful one has(Humpty Dumpty, Twinkle Twinkle little Star, Old McDonald etc) with over 500 videos can have such an extremely low view count. I would have thought that any channel that posts popular topics at an even rate and uploads several hundred videos per year, would have a minimum amount of viewers that would slowly increase over time but to have almost NO viewers would basically be impossible.

Reactions: Feathers