Community Tab?

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Are there requirements to get a community tab for your channel?

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hi Scootakip Yep thats an easy one. you go to customise from your channel page and press settings cog and then just move the slider to turn it on. I turned mine off yesterday. I notice most channel its a feature that never gets used. I'll post a pic if you get stuck. :)

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hi Scootakip Yep thats an easy one. you go to customise from your channel page and press settings cog and then just move the slider to turn it on. I turned mine off yesterday. I notice most channel its a feature that never gets used. I'll post a pic if you get stuck. :)
Doesn't seem like my channel has that feature. The option for the community tab is nowhere in that menu. Maybe it's earned randomly? Or through a subscriber threshold?

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
everyone has it. You just have to enable it. Its hard to navigate to the page where you find the setting. you need to find your way to your channel page, then click customise, then your channel page is reloaded and appears a bit different to before. Then you can click on the settings cog and see the attatched picture where you will find the toggle switch.Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 15.32.09 copy.png

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
everyone has it. You just have to enable it. Its hard to navigate to the page where you find the setting. you need to find your way to your channel page, then click customise, then your channel page is reloaded and appears a bit different to before. Then you can click on the settings cog and see the attatched picture where you will find the toggle switch.View attachment 41566
Sorry, I was referring to the community tab, not the discussion tab. The community tab is where Youtubers can make text posts for their mobile viewers to see in their sub box

TalkFandomToMe

The Cake Is a Lie!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think I heard somewhere on here that you have to have at least 10k subs to activate that feature.

DougHewsonYT

Reaction score
Yep, it's currently 10K subscribers - the Discussion Tab will become the Community tab instead.

caregiver12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yep, it's currently 10K subscribers - the Discussion Tab will become the Community tab instead.
Does this just automatically happen? Hit 10k subs yesterday but still have the discussion tab. Do I need to do anything?

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Does this just automatically happen? Hit 10k subs yesterday but still have the discussion tab. Do I need to do anything?
10k is the subscriber threshold you have to hit but it doesn’t happen automatically, I reached out to creator support and had it added in about a week.