Community tab live for some.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I was excited till I saw the word 10k. Most big channels don’t even reply to comments so I’m sure they’ll never post either

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi @just Moto,

I merged your thread to this one because it is discussing the same topic. ^_^

---

I just noticed this new feature, too! :D I'm excited to try it out and see what happens! However, I'm worried about bothering my subscribers too much. A lot of people might get annoyed if the alert bell keeps going off.
I think it's already started....... I've just got a notification that someone I Sub to is going out to lunch...... Might have to turn notifications off :(

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
This is exactly what I needed personally. And other similar slow posting channels. I finally was able to update my subscribers directly, with a teaser gif of the next animation (which still has a way to go before it gets posted.) Being able to stay in contact with Subscribers while I do my 6-8 month work on the next video is absolutely a welcome feature.
I had a few comments on my post already telling me they thought my channel was dead and glad it's not.

I only hope now it gets rolled out for everyone soon

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It's a shame that all the comments in the discsussions tab don't get migrated over.

LIVEst

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter
Yesterday all my feed was with the polls. :) Hope YT will implement it for the all channels.

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I was really gutted when it got rolled out to everyone with 10k subs or more, I don't understand why they cant just roll it out to everyone, okay we don't have "fans" as such, and we may not get a lot of engagement or views right now, but this could actually end up helping our case, and we do also have subscribers who we want to be able to communicate with more, so why are the smaller youtubers always left out, you have to have over 1k to qualify for creator days and creator on the rise for example, I can understand why some things have a sub limit but things like that shouldn't how are we ever meant to grow when youtube won't help (sorry didn't mean to rant it just drives me mad haha)

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Unfortunately it's all about time and reward for Youtube. They don't want to put time and money into channels that may not succeed and therefore pay them back for their effort. They won't give you things until you've proved you can climb above the rest on your own. Youtubes tough love regime :)

Aaron-charles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I find it quite annoying because people who I don't subscribe to pop up on my home page, but then again it might work the other way round..

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
So...I tried the Community tab for the first time this evening and have to say I'm very happy with the results. I was having a beer with the Sales Director of a yacht builder, so I posted a selfie of us both and invited subs to ask any questions they wanted to of the builder. We have just finished replying, and I'm sure that more questions will come in.

From a business perspective this is a great tool to build a community and improve the engagement of your channel.

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
Yep just tested it these couple of days :D A great way to let people know what you are up to especially since my stuff will take some time to build ^^ The engagement is amazing :D