Community Guidelines Strike For No Reason

Guphanti

Last night I received an email saying that one of my videos was taken down for violating the community guidelines. There was nothing about my video that violated the community guidelines! It was one of my best performing videos! Basically it was a video of me showing people how to do something in the video game GTA V. There are thousands and thousands of videos about GTA V and video games, most of which are extremely violent. There was nothing violent or inappropriate about mine, no more so than any of the other videos in YouTube. Mine did not even have dialogue. People to to strip clubs in the game and put that on YouTube and they have no problem with it. Mine is a minor tutorial about getting the police uniform. I feel like someone just randomly decided to flag one of my videos. I appealed it already and I am waiting to hear back. What else can I do? My YouTube channel is my livelihood and I make a lot of money on Adsense from it. Now they took away one of my best videos and put restrictions on my account.

UPDATE: They denied my appeal.

UPDATE: My AdSense is down 90%. Great.

UPDATE: Some people have said on some other sites that if I had pasted lots of random junk in the description and title that could get it taken down. I put some of my tags in the description down at the bottom and called it "Extra Tags (Ignore)" Like 99% of YouTubers seem to do now. There were not too many. That can't be it.

Please help. What can I do? I emailed Partner Support and they asked for the URLs of the videos which I sent them but I am waiting to hear back.

Thanks for reading all of this.

UPDATE: Some people have said on some other sites that if I had pasted lots of random junk in the description and title that could get it taken down. I put some of my tags in the description down at the bottom and called it "Extra Tags (Ignore)" Like 99% of YouTubers seem to do now. There were not too many. That can't be it.
Seem like that is what it was, not only is that against the YouTube ToS, but after 2012 it actually doesn't really affect your search ranking at all :D As this is now based pretty much exclusively on title, tags and watch-time.

Just because others do it, doesn't mean it's good, others get in trouble too.
A good example is Mrtechnicaldifficult, a 2M subs channel that got terminated for doing this.

So the action taken is not against my video, but against the fact there are excessive tags in the information section of the video. Why can the video not be re-instated with the surplus tags removed?

Also, is there a way I can save the video file? It is still on YouTube because the staff can look at it and a few apps and websites I have tried have opened the video, but nothing is able to download it 100%.

It isn't the tags at all! You said it was well viewed right? Well it was a gaming channel where you are monetizing with ad sense. If you have next to no views then youtube won't notice, but if you get views then they will. You CANNOT legally have gaming content on your youtube (generally its only monetized but my friend was not monetized) if it is monetized through ad sense. Youtube does NOT have a contract with game devs so you can get in serious trouble for that. If you want money from gaming on youtube you need a partnership with machinima, TGN, Polaris or any of the other networks. That is how I make my money. I get zero money from google, I don't get to see my monetization numbers, but I do get payed. I get payed by TGN's parent company, broadband tv, who has a deal with game devs. So my advice to you is to remove monetization from your videos and try and get a membership (TGN is easy, most partners average like 10 views a vid) in a gaming network. Like I said, my friend simply uploaded content, wasn't monetized and he got BANNED for having gaming content.

It isn't the tags at all! You said it was well viewed right? Well it was a gaming channel where you are monetizing with ad sense. If you have next to no views then youtube won't notice, but if you get views then they will. You CANNOT legally have gaming content on your youtube (generally its only monetized but my friend was not monetized) if it is monetized through ad sense. Youtube does NOT have a contract with game devs so you can get in serious trouble for that. If you want money from gaming on youtube you need a partnership with machinima, TGN, Polaris or any of the other networks. That is how I make my money. I get zero money from google, I don't get to see my monetization numbers, but I do get payed. I get payed by TGN's parent company, broadband tv, who has a deal with game devs. So my advice to you is to remove monetization from your videos and try and get a membership (TGN is easy, most partners average like 10 views a vid) in a gaming network. Like I said, my friend simply uploaded content, wasn't monetized and he got BANNED for having gaming content.
Community Guideline strikes and copyright strikes are completely different.

Yes, but not posting gaming content is a part of the community guidlines. I have trouble believing it's the tags tho unless they are false tags (like tagging a gaming commentary with boobs or something like that).

Yes, but not posting gaming content is a part of the community guidlines. I have trouble believing it's the tags tho unless they are false tags (like tagging a gaming commentary with boobs or something like that).
If gaming was against the ToS or GCs why is there a specific video category just for gaming?

Metadata abuse is not tolerated on YouTube and OP got caught. If it was copyright related, it would have been a DMCA take down of the video and would have been issued a copyright strike. YouTube cannot take down videos for copyright reasons unless the copyright holder files a DMCA complaint against it.

Whwn they list gaming as a reason that's not what they mean. They mean gaming the system.

Back