Community button - What to do with it?

Steverd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Like many others here, I was given access to the Community button last week.
I made a poll, which has 5 votes so far, BUT what do you do with your community button?
Does anyone actually use it?
Does what you post on it go out to your subscribers?
Are you mentioning anything in your videos like: Check out the NEW community area?

How are you using this feature?
Thank you

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think (hope) it is a direct contact to your subscribers. I was like you when I first got it. I really did not see the point but I started to play around with it and found it quite usefull. I made a poll too and got some reaction and I also made a "heads up" for a new video and I saw a lot more views right after i uploaded it:up2:

Reactions: Steverd

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
I would really just use it to make announcements instead of doing it from Twitter or in a video. Of course I don't have that feature on my channel, but that's just how I would use it for my own channel.

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
The community tab is good to show work in progress or maybe behind the scenes. you can use it to run polls on what to do next or even gather requests from your viewers. This is especially good for videos that take a long time to make, make use of the community posts to keep give your channel some activity.

Also you can use it to highlight up and coming channels in your genre or videos that you find interesting to your niche.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don’t have the community button, but the button is good for talking to your viewers and asking them what type of videos they want to see next.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Use it to communicate with your subs in between videos:

• Announce the release date of your next video and tell them the general theme (but keep up a bit of mystery)
  • Link to a past video
  • Tell them what you're doing and ask them what they're doing.
  • Post a screenshot from your next video as a photo teaser.
  • Do a poll.
The point of the community tab IMO is to keep your brand/channel in the thoughts of your subs while you're working on your next video. It's showing signs of activity.

Steverd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don’t have the community button, but the button is good for talking to your viewers and asking them what type of videos they want to see next.
Agree and that is exactly what I did in a Poll form.
Thank you[DOUBLEPOST=1542818904,1542818642][/DOUBLEPOST]When posting in the Community, should I always use the @stevesworld for people to get the post?
I was confused because it states: "Post something publicly (Type @ to mention a channel name)

Thoughts please

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So, do subscribers see any notification that there is a new post there? I'm guessing there isn't. This can potentially be cool - if people start to know there's something there to see. I feel there's a good chance that most people will never know there's anything there to check out....