Common Goal = Help?

Quacknor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello guys!

I just wanted to write about a topic that I've been thinking about for a while.
So I've read a lot of threads, seen many videos and heard people talking about this for a while.
I'm talking about how gaming channels choose to compete against each other instead of helping.
I've spent a little while researching this, and it actually seems like this is a fact. Gaming channels are the ones that have the smallest interest in encouraging each other. Now that doesn't mean this is for EVERYONE of them, but it seems like this on average. Let's take vloggers; they often go to another vlogger and helps them; gives some tips, maybe reveil their faces somewhere else and subscribes; because well.. What is the point of vlogging to others, if you don't see what they vlog about?

As for gamers, it seems like they want it all for themselves. Now I understand if the average gaming channel has monotone commentary, boring gameplay and basically nothing that interest you; this is nothing you can like. However, you can still give some tips on how to improve and what not.
I've gotten feedback from other gamers, where they tell me stuff like: "I enjoy your videos, you seem happy and are funny", "you're a good gamer with good commentary" - but still doesn't come back for more, nor subscribe. I, in most cases subscribe to the people that I enjoy watching, and think those messages are just to get my attention, which makes me a bit sad.

My entire point of this topic, was to break through that instead of ignoring, competing and fighting; gamers should help each other grow! Collaborate more, reveil each other, follow each other and HELP!

I believe that this forum is ideally for connecting to other YouTubers, getting friends, viewers, subs or what ever in your likes; still I don't see this happening too much in the "gaming community" within YTTalk. It might be something I oversee, but I am sure someone have experienced the same!

Please give me your thoughts!

-Q.

Reactions: Hatterrific

AreYouAwareBro

I check out your videos if you comment on mine!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
True that man more collaboration is needed in gaming channels also its a great way to trade subscribers! When I get my recording device I'll be posting about xbox live collaborations!

Hatterrific

The Mad Hatter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah,I know whatchu mean. I've been seeing that a lot since I started making videos. In my quest to find gaming channels with low subs,I found a lots of em,and checked em out,liked and subbed lots of em too. But the thing is,I try to watch EVERY new upload from people I subbed to,there's so many talented commentators that could reach their goal,even compete with high sub/view gamer channels like Pewdiepie,yammimash,theradbrad,Cryaotic and such. Too bad that most of gamers want everything for themselves,and want to achieve status of a network partner overnight lol. I completely agree with you,we should help each other,and greed doesn't help anyone at all.

Reactions: AreYouAwareBro

AreYouAwareBro

I check out your videos if you comment on mine!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Yeah,I know whatchu mean. I've been seeing that a lot since I started making videos. In my quest to find gaming channels with low subs,I found a lots of em,and checked em out,liked and subbed lots of em too. But the thing is,I try to watch EVERY new upload from people I subbed to,there's so many talented commentators that could reach their goal,even compete with high sub/view gamer channels like Pewdiepie,yammimash,theradbrad,Cryaotic and such. Too bad that most of gamers want everything for themselves,and want to achieve status of a network partner overnight lol. I completely agree with you,we should help each other,and greed doesn't help anyone at all.
It seems like everyone wants instant fame and aren't willing to go through the process of being patient and building themselves to that point. It takes a lot of promotion and team work to build a great fan base. Hey man if you have an Xbox 360 and Halo 4 I'll letcha know when I get my recording device and we can do some collabs :D Either way I wish you luck with your channel you seem like a genuine and nice guy!

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It's not true that all gamers necessarily do this, sometimes they work together. For example, right now ProtonJonSA and ThatOneVideoGamer are doing a collaboration walkthrough, and it's been funny so far. Normally the ones who isolate themselves are the ones who get little to no attention, and remain obscure. I think what you're saying could be helpful though.

Hatterrific

The Mad Hatter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It seems like everyone wants instant fame and aren't willing to go through the process of being patient and building themselves to that point. It takes a lot of promotion and team work to build a great fan base. Hey man if you have an Xbox 360 and Halo 4 I'll letcha know when I get my recording device and we can do some collabs :D Either way I wish you luck with your channel you seem like a genuine and nice guy!
Well unfortunately I do not own any gaming consoles,so at the moment I'm doing only single player horror games,but who knows,maybe in the future we can do some collabs. :happy:

Reactions: AreYouAwareBro

watermelonR0Fl

Lord of the Melons
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
With us gamers alot of it comes down to approaching each other. Its no little known fact that alot of us are young males, usually playing popular games. There are Gaming channels that do not fit that bracket but a large majority fit it. Because there isnt so much variation in these channels its very easy to see someone similar as competition than a potential friend.

I like to believe that putting the effort into helping others also lets you help yourself. There is some really good content on here and it deserves to be watched, and usually the contributor has worked hard enough that they deserve the feedback they would like.

At least in here everyone seems to have a level head. Slowly but surely I think the gamers on YT talk are reforming into a peer group that is helping out.

Otherwise, we've just got to keep plugging away!

Quacknor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I see that many of you agree with me, and that is great! We have a common goal; to be seen! Not to be "the new PewDiePie" or something like that.
I'd like to invite many of you to a collaboration, so that we can make a good ring of joy and.. who knows, a fanbase!

It's not true that all gamers necessarily do this, sometimes they work together. For example, right now ProtonJonSA and ThatOneVideoGamer are doing a collaboration walkthrough, and it's been funny so far. Normally the ones who isolate themselves are the ones who get little to no attention, and remain obscure. I think what you're saying could be helpful though.
I will quote myself;
Now that doesn't mean this is for EVERYONE of them, but it seems like this on average.

watermelonR0Fl

Lord of the Melons
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I see that many of you agree with me, and that is great! We have a common goal; to be seen! Not to be "the new PewDiePie" or something like that.
I'd like to invite many of you to a collaboration, so that we can make a good ring of joy and.. who knows, a fanbase!

I will quote myself;
We're up for anything we can get involved in. We're GMT+0 and are kitted to record PC and PS3, no xbox though unfortunately. Give this post some time, see who else is up for it and we can hop to it!

Quacknor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
We're up for anything we can get involved in. We're GMT+0 and are kitted to record PC and PS3, no xbox though unfortunately. Give this post some time, see who else is up for it and we can hop to it!
Great! I actually made a thread in the collaboration section aswell, so go ahead and post there aswell! :)

Reactions: watermelonR0Fl