Comments in old and Beta YouTube are a mess

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What are YouTube doing ? Do they really know ?

I can't get any sense out of video comments lately. It's a total mess. They either don't appear or they are mixed in with approved comments, or approved are shown as yet to be approved, or you get different results on each platform.

For god's sake YT sort this mess out. It's a nightmare.

The Beta platform is at best a joke, and now the old reliable platform is screwed as well.

Considering comments are a crucial part of YT, this is beyond belief.

Is anyone actually at the helm of the rapidly sinking good ship YT ?

Cheers Rob

Last edited:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
What are YouTube doing ? Do they really know ?

I can't get any sense out of video comments lately. It's a total mess. They either don't appear or they are mixed in with approved comments, or approved are shown as yet to be approved, or you get different results on each platform.

For god's sake YT sort this mess out. It's a nightmare.

The Beta platform is at best a joke, and now the old reliable platform is screwed as well.

Considering comments are a crucial part of YT, this is beyond belief.

Is anyone actually at the helm of the rapidly sinking good ship YT ?

Cheers Rob
I agree with the studio beta thing. It has some great new features but also it has regressed on many of the basic features (comments, adding midroll ads, cards etc)

What I hate about the comments interface in the "studio beta" is that you can't select multiple comments in the "published" tab. So if someone manages to get spam (or whatever) through to that published tab, you have to delete / flag them one by one and it is really really slow as it displays a pop-up for every single one you remove. I also hate how you can't see replies without clicking on "replies" - Lots of little glitches that add up and make the creator waste a lot of time.

Have you tried the new (beta) video upload? I tried it last week and was shocked that it ignores the upload defaults for whether you want the video to be "public / private / unlisted" - My default is "private (to be scheduled later)" but the new uploader ignores that and decides to make it unlisted unless you change it to private manually. Luckily I saw it just in time. ^^

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I hadn't noticed that. I always switch to the old platform as I'm "in control".

Sounds like I would be "out of control" with the new one.

I also find you have to dig down several steps to watch real time anaylitics now.

Such a waste of time. I haven't found anything to praise as an improvement with the Beta. It's just process re-engineering. That was one of the buzz/flavour of the month things when I used to work in IT.

LOL what a waste of time and downright dangerous that was.

It killed some business processes completely.

Cheers Rob

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I haven't found anything to praise as an improvement with the Beta
One of the few things I like is how it auto-generates the comparison with previous data to inform you how your new videos compared to "normal" and if there is an increase, it tells you what traffic sources are driving that growth. But other than that, it seems to be data overload lol. ^^

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have noticed that this is NOT an issue with Google Chrome. Works OK.

Seems to be Firefox related (which is supposedly synchronised with YT) and also Microsoft Edge (not synchronised). I haven't tried Opera, although I was a big fan of this software before it became just another Chrome variant.

Seem to be a few other issues going on as well - subscriber counter not updating and stuck on an even full hundred number. Analytic graphs going in the opposite direction to data numbers. That has been going on forever.

I think the code is being written by a dead man walking.

LOL