Commenting on channels OR changing content?

brainsApplied

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've an quick question.
I've been running a YT-channel for some time now and I'm at 244 subscribers. Not many, but I gained 76 of them in the last month and I've told only 10 persons or so about the channel, which means I managed to attract unknown people.
In the last month, I started commenting on other (more-or-less relevant) channels, mostly smaller channels as your comments are more likely to stand out there. It works, but I'm still not gaining subscribers very fast (average of 3 per day) and quite a bit of those are "sub4sub" people, that I don't want.

What is a way to get subscribers faster?
Should I just deal with it and continue like I'm doing right now? Should I look for more small, similar, channels to comment on?
Should I start using instagram more actively? Because I feel like it's not really something for my target group. Currently, most of my promotion are some subject related subreddits.

Or should I change my content?
I'm doing psychology videos and I mostly explain random things that I like.
From the Dunning-Kruger Effect (why dumb people think they're amazing) to why guys send d*ck pics :p
I've done some self-improvement / social skills videos and some of them got quite some attention but the topic bores me quite much.

So what is the best way to grow your channel according to you? What should I do different?
I'm looking forward to your feedback :)

Willem

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You could try all of the points you have suggested already and see what works for you.

Reactions: Fost
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As a small creator I would suggest commenting on channels consistently to convert a few people to find your channel. If you're serious about YouTube the best way to gain momentum and a following is to do proper keyword search.

Follow YouTube experts like Brian G Johnson, Nick Nimmin etc.. They will point you in the right direction.

Keyword research is where it's at... It's the reason why my channel took off.