Comment got marked as spam, while it wasn't spam

RedViperHD

Reaction score
So I uploaded a video on my channel today, and just saw that someone commented on it. Yay! But Youtube marked it as spam, while it wasn't spam at all. I tried to approve it anyway but couldn't do anything with the comment. So I thought that I should press the mark as spam button to unspam it, but that deleted the comment.

Can I get it back, and why didn't Youtube let me still approve the comment?[DOUBLEPOST=1486991147,1486990998][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry, placed it in the wrong forum :banghead2:

Reactions: CMTXRATED

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the main YouTube discussion forum. ^_^

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Quick answer. No you cant get the comment back you should have approved it if you knew it wasnt spam by going to your creator studio then community tab, then im sure it was under likely spam tab and you should have hit approve. The only reason i can think it was marked as spam is because the user commenting comments a lot on other people and your video so youtube may see them as a spammer. Thats just a guess though.

RedViperHD

Reaction score
Quick answer. No you cant get the comment back you should have approved it if you knew it wasnt spam by going to your creator studio then community tab, then im sure it was under likely spam tab and you should have hit approve. The only reason i can think it was marked as spam is because the user commenting comments a lot on other people and your video so youtube may see them as a spammer. Thats just a guess though.
Well... I had the same problem again and when I got from the to the comment page, it didn't show the approve button. When I left the page and returned, it suddenly appeared. So problem solved! :) Thanks for your help.

I've moved this to the main YouTube discussion forum. ^_^
Thanks! Sorry that I placed it in the wrong forum.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Glad you were able to get it back! That Spam folder catches a bunch of stuff for reasons beyond me, but I just make it a habit of getting in there and clearing it out.

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah as some have said it sometimes flags stuff that are not spam at all. I guess we can at least we thankfull that it does filter spam because it can be annoying at times

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
If the actual content wasn't spammy but it was in the spam folder, then the likely reason is that the person has been copy-pasting that comment all over YouTube at such a frequency that he/she can't possibly be watching the videos in question.

Reactions: HausofN7

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I found that when looking at spam if you click the tab that tells you what video you're looking at and set it to all videos you can approve non spammy spam

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
It happens.
I think it usually ends up in the spam filter if it's something that the user comments a lot on videos, or are very short or similair to other comments he/she has made.

Reactions: HausofN7 and Crown

RedViperHD

Reaction score
If the actual content wasn't spammy but it was in the spam folder, then the likely reason is that the person has been copy-pasting that comment all over YouTube at such a frequency that he/she can't possibly be watching the videos in question.
It happens.
I think it usually ends up in the spam filter if it's something that the user comments a lot on videos, or are very short or similair to other comments he/she has made.
Ahhh, didn't know that. Now that you say it, they did seem like general comments which you could place under any video. Don't know how to explain that better, but they look like comments which the guy had stored in a textfile, to paste them under videos. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Crown and Switchbox