Comic Relief...

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I'm sitting at my computer alternately going through light anger spasms, and laughter spasms.

This morning when I logged onto the email account for my main YouTube channel, I found the email represented by the attached screen shot.
Superconscious Awakening CID Notice.jpg

Now anyone who has been on this forum as long as I have and has seen my posts knows the following:

A: I don't use copyrighted material in my videos unless it is under a Royalty-Free License.

B: If attacked by the Content ID System (and I do consider unfounded claims to be an attack against my own created Intellectual Property), I deal with such unfounded claims both swiftly and decisively.

The claimant here was an unusual one; The Tokyo Institute of Technology; a premier Tech College in Japan; and the most maddening thing about this claim is that it attempted to deny monetization entirely on the basis of a match to a Royalty Free stock clip I licensed back in the summer of 2012. The next two screen shots depict how I dealt with the claim. I will not allow one of my most potentially lucrative videos (over 64k in views so far) to be silenced in this fashion.

SuperConscious Awakening Pre-submit.jpg

Superconscious Awakening-Submitted.jpg

Last edited:

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Update: It looks like Tokyo Tech is going to try to stubborn it out and not look at the dispute for the full 30 days. Does anyone know what happens where the claimant de-monetises a video, rather than monetising it on their own behalf? In other words, does the escrow account come into play here, or do I just kiss whatever this video might have earned me in the 30 day wait period Sayonara?