Comedy - Commercial Voice Over Idea

Textrus

Reaction score
Hello. I had a gaming channel where I posted quite regularly, but found that recording gameplay videos was not my thing. I still wanted to create videos, but was not sure what to base my channel off of.

So I came up with this idea that I would voice over commercials in a comedic way, but wanted to see your opinions on whether you would be entertained by it or not. I would say i'm a pretty comedic guy, I have a good sense of humor.

I know it's hard to say because I don't have any videos up right now, but just wanted to check with the community before I started going 100% with this idea.

Niels Cornelissen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I know a few Dutch channels that do this, and they are really enjoyable to watch. So, trusting you on your word that you've got a good sense of humor, yeah definitely go for it. Do keep in mind that doing commercial voice over can be complicated with respect to copyright law though!

Reactions: Textrus

Textrus

Reaction score
I know a few Dutch channels that do this, and they are really enjoyable to watch. So, trusting you on your word that you've got a good sense of humor, yeah definitely go for it. Do keep in mind that doing commercial voice over can be complicated with respect to copyright law though!
Yea I was thinking that as well. Thank you for your input :)

Reactions: Niels Cornelissen

J0eyy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thats a really cool idea! I have one for you A Dortios Parody Commercial, that would be hilarious, i subbed.

Reactions: Textrus

OzzyMikeNaz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If it's just a straight voice over you might run into copyright claims. Especially with big brands as they typically not known for their sense of humor. You may need to edit the clips in some way to at least be able to claim fair use. However like the other people have said I have seen some people successfully get away with it so you might be alright.

Reactions: Niels Cornelissen

Weekend Noobs

If the week gets you down then join us and unwind
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No way of knowing without watching the videos first. With comedy its all about delivery. So as far as content goes, you have a potential of grabbing a big audience but only if done correctly.
Trouble is the only way of knowing if you have done it correctly is by seeing your audiences reaction, because it all comes down to peoples perception and sense of humour at the end of the day. Some will find it funny where as others will not.

Mcrocks9

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I actually though about doing this too. I think it would be really funny.